Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2005, 01:22 AM

Default Global Warming Cause: The Sun is Burning Hotter

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...ixnewstop.html

Mmmmmmmm......the global warming cult may have more difficulty in trying to blaming mankind for global warming. Based on this study by German and Swiss scientists, the primary cause could be a hotter sun. 10,000 years ago during the ice age our ancestors were freezing their tales off. Then the earth warmed and the ice retreated......without any help from man.

Some noteworthy quotes below. One scientist called man-caused global warming a myth.
"It shows that there is enough happening on the solar front to merit further research. Perhaps we are devoting too many resources to correcting human effects on the climate without being sure that we are the major contributor."
-Dr Bill Burrows, a climatologist and a member of the Royal Meteorological Society-

"Global warming - at least the modern nightmare version - is a MYTH,...I am sure of it and so are a growing number of scientists. But what is really worrying is that the world's politicians and policy-makers are not.
-Dr Gareth Jones, a climate researcher at the Met Office-
***It is interesting that Tony Blair has moved for England to withdraw from the Kyoto treaty. Perhaps the world's leaders are starting realize they have been duped.

Another link that discredits Michael Mann's "hockey stick" research which alleges global warming is caused by man's activities. Unfortunately for Mr Mann, two Canadien mathematicians busted him using doctored data. Geez.....when science doesn't support the global warming whackos they just make up numbers and call it 'science'.

http://technologyreview.com/articles...ller101504.asp
Mr Mann STILL has not released his so called algorithms which he used to come up with his hockey stick diagram (EVEN though a thorough METHODOLGY section is required on all scienctific research. What is this man hiding?). The man is a fraud and he has been busted. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2005, 03:02 AM

Default Re: Global Warming Cause: The Sun is Burning Hotter

welllll... that might be a good point, but dumping billions of tons of CO2 into the atmosphere daily sure isn't helping any. (the great, vast majority of the scientific community does aggree that humanity IS causing waming)

The way i see it, the REAL 'nightmare' scenario happens if natural factors can/are/will cause warming, AND dumping greenhouse gasses catylyzes the problm to disastrous proportions.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:19 AM

Default The Ice Caps on Mars are Melting...

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2..._southpole.htm

Mars like earth, relies to heavily on fossil fuels and its ice caps are melting. It looks like the Martians are making the same mistakes we are making on Earth. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Wait, there are no cars on Mars. Could a hotter sun be warming up Mars climate as well? Evidence like this will eventually exposed the Global Warming Cult as a bunch of scam artists who have been sucking on the government tit (breast) for the last 30 years to finance their 'research' that man is causing global warming.

Sorry, mankind is just an insignificant spect on planet earth. Time to face facts....mankind is at the mercy of NATURAL WEATHER CHANGES. What is the difference between a primitive witch doctor in Africa who believes his incantations can cause rain and the global warming scientists that believes man-made CO2 can heat the earth to dangerous levels? I see no difference except the 'scientist' is better dressed.....
Old 09-23-2005, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
AND dumping greenhouse gasses catylyzes the problm to disastrous proportions.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the article is saying is that they might not be as "disastrous" as we once thought. Pencils are made with erasers because they make mistakes just like humans are ... well you get the point.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:15 AM

Funny how none of the usual liberals here have anything to say.

Clearly, Bush is responsible for the Mars global warming.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:06 PM

I consider myself liberal, but I never totally bought the whole global warming thing (the nightmare scenario) the way most others do. There are too many factors involved in climate prediction that humans don't really know well enough. Even the best climate models don't work past 50 years or so, and normal weather fluctuations can last longer than that.

I do think OP is misinterpreting the article, however.
[ QUOTE ]
Some noteworthy quotes below. One scientist called man-caused global warming a myth.
"It shows that there is enough happening on the solar front to merit further research. Perhaps we are devoting too many resources to correcting human effects on the climate without being sure that we are the major contributor."
-Dr Bill Burrows, a climatologist and a member of the Royal Meteorological Society-

"Global warming - at least the modern nightmare version - is a MYTH,...I am sure of it and so are a growing number of scientists. But what is really worrying is that the world's politicians and policy-makers are not.
-Dr Gareth Jones, a climate researcher at the Met Office-

[/ QUOTE ]

They weren't trying to say man-caused global warming is a myth, as you say. They specifically mentioned the nightmare scenario that many environmentalists envision, and that the human effect on global warming isn't as large as once thought. In other words, it seems like humans would have a helluva time warming up the Earth solely by their own actions, not that humans have no effect at all on the planet's temperature.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:07 PM

Default Martian Failure to Sign Kyoto Could Lead to Their Destruction

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2005, 12:25 PM

Default I concede that.......

.......man causes as much as .0000001 % of the global warming that is occuring now.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:36 PM

"I consider myself liberal, but I never totally bought the whole global warming thing (the nightmare scenario) the way most others do. There are too many factors involved in climate prediction that humans don't really know well enough. Even the best climate models don't work past 50 years or so, and normal weather fluctuations can last longer than that."
Wow! Based on your reply you seem like a rational liberal. You even have the pride/honesty to admit your a liberal rather than trying to hide behind labels such as 'progressive', 'moderate', etc... Most liberals seem to be ashamed as being known as a liberal while conservatives are usually proud to be known as a conservative.

I will read you posts in the future with extra respect.

PS
You are correct that the global warming is a VERY complex issue. I am VERY critical of the shoddy research from global warming scientists who claim mankind is heating up the earth like a bunson burner. I wish they would be honest for a change and admit they can not back up their ludicrous claims. The melting ice caps on Mars seems to support the research the sun is burning hotter. Those who have studied astronomy know that stars go through cycles where their energy output varies. Eventually our sun will burn out and I suppose will turn into a black hole. Then the earth won't have to worry about global warming ever again...
Old 09-23-2005, 01:03 PM

Default Ay, Consuelo !

[ QUOTE ]
Man causes as much as 0.0000001 % of the global warming that is occuring now.

[/ QUOTE ]

We are talking about the difference in temperature, hombre, not the temperature as such.

Caramba!