Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2005, 11:31 AM

Default Hate it or love it? And a question...

Full 30/60 game. 1 or 2 limpers in MP, button limps, SB completes I check T9o in BB. Flop: K-9-2 rainbow. SB checks, I bet, MP limpers both fold, button raises, SB calls. I call. Turn is a 4, putting 2 clubs on board. Checked to button, who checks. River is the K of clubs. SB now bets. I raise. Results later, but reviewing this hand I'm not sure if I like it or hate it.

My other question - we're all used to someone in LP raising for a free card after a PF raise (overcards) or with some sort of draw. But I seem to be running into this a lot out of the blinds or EP and I'm missing bets. It seems to be in situations like this - I have middle pair or TPWK and lead. Obviously, I'm going to check the turn after such a play, and consider a fold, but it gets checked again. What the heck are people raising with? Should I be 3 betting on the flop or leading the turn? It's tough because I'm getting hammered w/ it in those iffy situations, but in the end tend to be stronger then I think.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:48 AM

Default Re: Hate it or love it? And a question...

[ QUOTE ]
My other question - we're all used to someone in LP raising for a free card after a PF raise (overcards) or with some sort of draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of players will raise Kx on that flop and check their turn for fear of the kicker, hoping to get to showdown for just one more bet.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:05 PM

Default Re: Hate it or love it? And a question...

I see more people betting the turn and checking the river w/ a weakish kicker after the PF raise. But the turn check is nice if it can induce a bluff. However, I'm not running into top pair, or any pair for that matter.