Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2005, 05:26 AM

Default Re: Question for some people:

Buying from Nike is an easy way to know you are getting a high quality product. When you buy a Nike product, you pay a (large) premium for knowing that what you are buying will, on average, look and feel better, and last longer than other, cheaper clothes. Nike is successful because they make better products than their competitors.

But of course you probably won't care to consider this, since your post is not meant as a starting point for a debate, but merely to antagonize people who don't support your world view.

Look at yourself and see the hate you feel, and you will know why the world is filled with hate.

"So, your consciousness, with which you have identified yourself as your ‘individual’ consciousness, is an illusion. It is the consciousness of the rest of mankind. You are the world and the world is you." Jiddu Krishnamurti
Old 08-23-2005, 05:29 AM

This also isn't necessarily true. I have a bunch of Polo undershirts and a bunch of Hanes undershirts. I prefer the Hanes far more (the Polo ones tend to get messy in the neck area) and Polo is probably a "higher quality" brand than Nike.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:00 AM

your response is just antagonistic as my initial question.

reread the example i gave. i am comparing two shirts of equal quality. please dont try and tell me that all Nike tshirts are of higher quality, this is complete bs.

you know exactly what i am getting at, yet you didnt even include it as a posibility in your analysis.

"So, your consciousness, with which you have identified yourself as your ‘individual’ consciousness, is an illusion. It is the consciousness of the rest of mankind. You are the world and the world is you."

Explain line for line what he is saying please.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

reread the example i gave. i am comparing two shirts of equal quality. please dont try and tell me that all Nike tshirts are of higher quality, this is complete bs.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that your example doesn't match with reality (there seems to be a pattern here).

Your example simply isn't the way things really are. Some shirts are made better than others. Some brands make higher quality stuff than others. This is a simple truth. To ignore it is "complete BS".

Basically you're asking us to ignore how contrived and unrealistic your example is for the sake of this discussion. I'll pass.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:50 AM

honestly nike is cheap ass [censored], you want quality go to niemans. get footlocker brand for a t-shirt it is just as good.
dave