Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2005, 08:54 PM

Default Re: PokerAce Hud - Version 0.20 Released - PokerStars Support!

Glad to hear it. Be sure to let me know if it starts back up again.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:00 PM

First off, I was a loyal PV user from the start, and you may have seen, I still like to defend Amir from attacks at every turn.

That being said, I downloaded PA to try it out and I think it's great, so kudos on a fantastic product. I don't regret the $50 I spent on PV for a single second, but I commend you on providing a free alternative.

A few questions:

1) mucked cards, for whatever reason, don't work for me...is this a known issue, or am I doing something wrong?? When are they supposed to display...?

2) I couldn't help but notice that many, many aspects of PA, in both function, and aesthetics, very closely approach PV...and yet PA seems MUCH more stable and quick than PV...I know very little about each product's functionality, but is there something fundamentally different about PA that makes it not susceptible to the things that seem to slow down PV??
Old 07-06-2005, 10:21 PM

in the layout manager it has stars with 10max. am i missing something cause i'm pretty sure that i've never seen stars with more than 9 players at a table?
Old 07-06-2005, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
in the layout manager it has stars with 10max. am i missing something cause i'm pretty sure that i've never seen stars with more than 9 players at a table?

[/ QUOTE ]

stars has both 9 and 10 max tables
Old 07-06-2005, 10:32 PM

ahh, they hide the 10max over in limit.
so i assume that the layout labled tourney is the one that will apply to 9max?
Old 07-06-2005, 10:42 PM

it's taking a really long time for it to find the tables i have open. also the layout for 10max is being displayed for the 9max nl games, so nothing is lining up corectly.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Glad to hear it. Be sure to let me know if it starts back up again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Email sent about a different problem, but I think it may be a Party Poker issue and not a PAHUD issue.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) mucked cards, for whatever reason, don't work for me...is this a known issue, or am I doing something wrong?? When are they supposed to display...?

[/ QUOTE ]

In the layout manager, select the mucked cards at showdown from the dropdown and make sure they are visible.

If this is on Stars, you don't get mucked hands for observed tables, you have to be dealt in the hand. They are also shown at the beginning of the next hand.

If you check the option and it's set, send me a log file and I'll try to see what the problem is.

[ QUOTE ]
2) I couldn't help but notice that many, many aspects of PA, in both function, and aesthetics, very closely approach PV...and yet PA seems MUCH more stable and quick than PV...I know very little about each product's functionality, but is there something fundamentally different about PA that makes it not susceptible to the things that seem to slow down PV??

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going to comment on the quality of PV or the code, because I've not used PV for many months now and I haven't looked at the code. That said, it's possible that it's not coded well. It could also be basic design issues. It could also be some of the things it does is "iffy" and easily causes problems.

I really don't know. There are a lot of possibilities. Please don't think I'm saying Amir is a bad developer. I have nothing against Amir, and I have no idea what kind of developer he his. The last version of PlayerView I used was pretty good, it had it's problems but worked. I just honestly feel that it's not an application worth $50, that's why I'm developing this alternative.

Now for why PA Hud is stable, I'm very careful with my code and try to fix any and all bugs I run into and never do things half-assed. I always try to choose the most effecient AND stable way to do something. I've also been programming most of my life and was a professional software developer for 6 years. I have a lot of experience developing applications.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's taking a really long time for it to find the tables i have open. also the layout for 10max is being displayed for the 9max nl games, so nothing is lining up corectly.

[/ QUOTE ]

A bug was discovered with the PokerStars NL tables. Turns out they're using the 10 max layout rather than the 9 max. This has been fixed and I'll be releasing a new version shortly.

Also, how long does it take to find the tables? It shouldn't be longer than the end of the hand that was going on when you opened the table.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:58 PM

i think the loading problem might have been on my end. when i had it open i was not imporitng the hands being played into my database, idk if that would be an issue. just tried it again, it loads the first table. but anyother tables do not load. they have all had at least 3-4 hands played and the table has not been picked-up. closed poker ace and all the tables, opened PA agian and it got nothing.
closed out everything, including stars, this time i picked-up the first table i opened, but not the second.