Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2005, 09:48 PM

Default Re: Some questions on winrates, bankrolls, moving up, and stuff

[ QUOTE ]
Try mixing in a table of 50 at the same time as you play 25 (assuming you multitable).

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I've been doing and I think it may be part of the problem. My losses have come when I get involved in a big hand and lose. I think what I'm going to do is try it with just one table until I get rid of the "prophecy of doom" feeling.

It's weird, it's not nervousness. I'm not afraid to lose the fifty bucks, it's not that big a dent in the bankroll and it certainly won't have an impact on my quality of life at all. It's almost as if I expect to do something stupid and get pissed at myself ahead of time just to save time later. Then when I lose, I reflexively consider it stupid and get even madder at myself for doing something stupid when I knew I was going to do something stupid and should have been looking out for it.

Anyway, I appreciate the advice.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:59 PM

Go back to 25NL, win the money you lost and then move back up.

If you're beating 25NL for 8+PTBB/100 you're certainly OK to move up to 50 NL.

Ryan
Old 09-06-2005, 10:05 PM

1. 8K hands is nothing. its less than nothing. one time, I broke even for 4K hands, then won 1K (at 200 6m) in 400 hands.

2. just because youre rolled for a level doesnt mean you have to play it. take 400$ and play 50nl for 10K hands. you cant just lose 2 buy ins and say "well thats it!"
Old 09-08-2005, 03:43 PM

I am having a hard time believing this idea that 25Nl and 50NL are about the same. At 25NL i can bully the table easily. I steadily win small pots before i hit big and stack someone off.

At 50 NL i HAVE to double off to stay alive. This is regular at my sessions. I start out by losing blinds and what not, then suddenly i hit something and im a little up for the session. Then when i start the next day, i rinse and repeat. So far my bankroll has stood still cause of this, so its no biggie, but since ive almost logged 7k hands of this (third time im trying to move up, got 16k hands from the other tries slightly negative BB/100, cause i havent logged it all)

This sounds like a lot of whining, which it probably is, but im getting fairly desperate. I feel I play 25NL well, but 50NL is a different story.

VPIP: 18%
PFR: 6,5%

I think my problem lies in how i play post-flop and stealing. I dont think im aggressive enough when it comes to this play, though im able to spew out money anyways. How can i improve my game here? Hard to post specific hands to were i should steal, bluff at the pot, etc.