Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2005, 07:21 PM

Default AKo 10/20 game. Trying to be frugal with bets?

Sorry if this is a routine hand, but I was wondering if I butchered this.

UTG, UTG+1 and a MP limper infront and I raise in LP with Ad/Kh. Folded to UTG who now raises, UTG+1 caps [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img], MP folds and I call.

Flop comes 2h/7h/10s. It's checked to me and I check behind. Good move? Bad move? I'm thinking that I'm behind to at least a pair here most of the time and don't want to get check raised here without a hand.

Turn comes Ah which I'm not sure if I'm happy to see. UTG checks, UTG+1 bets, I raise, UTG check raises, UTG+1 caps and I call thinking worst case I'm against a set of aces and a flush and I'm drawing to 6 heart outs for the nuts.

River blanks. UTG bets, UTG+1 calls, I...?

Based on the action I can't possibly see how I'm good here, but the pot is large and my hand has showdown value. Should I be finding a fold in these situations?
Old 07-30-2005, 07:23 PM

Default Re: AKo 10/20 game. Trying to be frugal with bets?

This hand and action are so strange that I call for one bet on the river.

Rob
Old 07-30-2005, 07:43 PM

You must be calling for half the pot at best. Getting about 10:1 for this call, I think it's pretty close. I think you will be shown AA from UTG and a flush from UTG+1 most of the time. Since you have the Ah, UTG+1 fears that UTG has it.

I don't see 1 pair winning this pot, but it is huge, and I wouldn't think badly of you if you called.

Good luck.
Eric
Old 07-31-2005, 10:25 AM

since you didn't bet the flop you don't know if UTG was checking weak or checkraising. Therefore, when he does check-raise the Ace you don't know if he's simply got AJ or in fact has a set of Tens. I can't believe I'm ahead here, but if I can close the action for 1 bet I may be ahead of AQ and AJ, or tieing another AK. Mostly I would expect to be dead to twopair or a set or a flush tho.
Old 07-31-2005, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Turn comes Ah which I'm not sure if I'm happy to see.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't be "happy" either. I would be [censored] ecstatic.
Old 07-31-2005, 02:01 PM

I'm wondering if this is a fold preflop. UTG+1 is obviously full of [censored], but if UTG is solid you're probably drawing to two of the remaining 3 kings in the deck.
Old 07-31-2005, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm wondering if this is a fold preflop. UTG+1 is obviously full of [censored], but if UTG is solid you're probably drawing to two of the remaining 3 kings in the deck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that's one of the things I'm wondering. I called 2 more because of my position and was going to re-evaluate after the flop. The problem with the limp re-raise UTG is that I've seen it done with anything from k/10o to 6s in these 10/20 games. Although for this opponent A/A is still very possible I'm never believing they have it 100% unless I have notes stating they always limp re-raise A/A UTG. I'm almost thinking this should be a fold preflop against an unknown.
Old 07-31-2005, 11:06 PM

I think you should've folded the turn when it came two bets back to you. On the river, you ought to just kiss your chips and throw them in.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you should've folded the turn when it came two bets back to you. On the river, you ought to just kiss your chips and throw them in.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can I fold that when I have 6 outs to the absolute nuts? I'm getting over 8:1 on my call and I'm under 7:1 to hit.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:40 AM

Default irrelevant results?

n/m