Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2005, 10:51 AM

Default Tell me about Full Tilt and PokerMountain

What can you tell me about FullTilt and PokerMountain?

I have been mostly an SnG player primarily at Stars but I am trying to work my way into the limit ring game thing since it seems to make life easier.

I will probably be sticking with Stars as my primary poker site because I like their tournaments and I like their software.

I am, however, looking for a backup place to play that offers bonuses more frequently than Stars. Currently I am working off some bonus money at UltimateBet but I don’t particularly care for their software so I am looking for a replacement.

I notice that FullTilt and PokerMountain both have 100% bonuses up to five and six hundred bucks. What can you tell me about these places? Do they offer reload bonuses frequently? Is this signup bonus something that they normally do or is it temporary?

What are their low stakes ring games like?

Do they have a decent variety of tournaments? What about SnGs? What’s their structure like?

Will I be able to deposit for the bonus then cash out to finish off my UB bonus without losing my bonus?

Oh, and are there any of those deals of which we must not speak that I can take advantage of?

Edit--One additional question--do either of them have a mini-view like UB has?

Many thanks,
Old 04-22-2005, 11:01 AM

Default Re: Tell me about Full Tilt and PokerMountain

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/search.php?Cat=
Old 04-22-2005, 12:49 PM

Poker Moutain = What would it be like if two well known pros (Cloutier/Negranu)opened an internet poker room and after many months of promotion still almost nobody played there? Well that's what PokerMountain is. And the software looks like it was designed on a Commodore64. I like Cloutier and Daniel and I was hoping they would come up with a decent site, but their site is very, very, bad...

Full Tilt = Pretty nice software, fast, reliable for the most part. Alot of the time a pro like Lane Flack, Phil Ivery, Chris Ferguson or someone else will be playing there and it is without a doubt kinda cool to watch them and maybe chat with them - you can't deny that. But on the bad side the Full Tilt bonus is the hardest most horrendous bonus just about any site has ever offered, it reeks. They also have those weird 9 player tables instead of the standard 10, that is bad too. They have been gaining traffic though which is a good thing, but people say the players there are really good and hard to beat. I probably would of spent some time playing at Full Tilt but right now I have better offers like right now I have to do the latest Party bonus, plus I have over $300 stacked at Paradise to work off, I have $4800 in bonus stacked at UB, I have $850 stacked at Poker Stars to work off, and there was just a new Pokeroom bonus, plus I haven't done Interpoker yet this month, and on and on and on....all of these other sites are giving me a better deal than Full Tilt --- That's why I haven't played any there yet and until Full Tilt offers a better deal I probably won't have time for them...
Old 04-22-2005, 01:03 PM

I'll second just about everything you said on Full Tilt.

The one drawback, besides the already mentioned bonus, is the lack of traffic. Depending on the time of day and what limit you play, you might only find a couple tables active. I went on one day around 8am and there wasn't a single $1/$2 player on there. I had to wait until around 9:30 before action picked up a little.

Depending on what limit you play, I'd recommend Full Tilt. I play elsewhere now because of better deals and such, but you're not gonna have the crazy variances on Full Tilt that you'll have on something like Party.
Old 04-23-2005, 01:32 AM

personally I hate the site but absolutepoker will give you a bonus almost every week and there are rakeback programs all over the place. It is my understanding that the bonus does not affect the rakeback.
Old 04-23-2005, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
personally I hate the site but absolutepoker will give you a bonus almost every week and there are rakeback programs all over the place. It is my understanding that the bonus does not affect the rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is the bonus clearing structure at Absolute?
Old 04-25-2005, 08:40 AM

The PokerMountain disaster is amazing. Last night I stopped by and there were two real money tables with anyone at them. One had one person waiting for a challenger, the other had the same guy and someone else playing head's up for .25/.50. It is a shame. There are good people behind the site. I hope they can turn it around.
Old 04-25-2005, 03:37 PM

Appreciate the comments.

Is FullTilt's bonus harder to work off than UltimateBet?
Old 04-25-2005, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is FullTilt's bonus harder to work off than UltimateBet?

[/ QUOTE ]
for low limits, yes (6 cents per $1 rake vs. 10 cents)
for higher limits, no (18 cents max bonus per hand vs. 10 cents)
Old 04-25-2005, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Full Tilt = Pretty nice software, fast, reliable for the most part. Alot of the time a pro like Lane Flack, Phil Ivery, Chris Ferguson or someone else will be playing there and it is without a doubt kinda cool to watch them and maybe chat with them - you can't deny that. But on the bad side the Full Tilt bonus is the hardest most horrendous bonus just about any site has ever offered, it reeks. They also have those weird 9 player tables instead of the standard 10, that is bad too. They have been gaining traffic though which is a good thing, but people say the players there are really good and hard to beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Other than the 9 player tables, I remember this being said about UB a few years ago. Does anyone know if the RB(no pm's please) counts while you are earnign the bonus?