Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2003, 03:27 AM

Default Share your biggest suckout win.

PP 5+1 LHE SNG -

There are 7 player left, and I'm on the button, in 6th place, with T570. The blinds are 100/200, so I'm desperate to get in a hand. I find J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

UTG limps, MP raises, I reraise all in, UTG calls, MP reraises all in, UTG calls. Time for some autodealing, so let me reveal the other two hands. UTG has Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. MP has K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

Flop comes 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG has flopped the 2nd nut flush. MP has flopped top trips. I have flopped middle pair, overcard kicker.

Turn: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hey, I have 2 pair.

River: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hey, I guess I win, tripling through.

According to twodimes on the flop I had a 0.44% chance of winning.

On the turn 4.76% chance of winning.

And then I hit one of my two outs. Ouch.

Anyone wanna beat that?
Old 12-12-2003, 05:24 AM

Default Re: Share your biggest suckout win.

I think the biggest suckout of my entire life was catching two Jacks to make trips when I was all-in for my last few bucks against a big pocket pair at an online table. That's about it. I don't get much emergency help from the deck.

SpaceAce
Old 12-12-2003, 07:08 AM

Pot limit 7 card-stud; I started with rolled up 8s, hit the case 8 on 6th street, against my wife who started with trip 10s and had filled up on 5th. To be fair most of the money went in when I was ahead, but it was going in anyway.
Old 12-12-2003, 09:45 AM

In a 940 person online tourney I had KQ with a board of 6TQ, all diamonds. I make a big bet and the only other guy in the hand has me covered and puts me all-in for the few chips I had left. I call. He has Ax diamonds, so the nut flush. Next two cards come Q and T and I win. Went on to place 3rd in the tourney thanks in large part to those chips from the hand where I had something like a 1.5% chance to win after the flop. I am very good at getting my chips in against the nuts, not so good at getting saved [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2003, 02:45 PM

Me in the BB 75(unraised pot)
Opponent 77
Flop 753
I won the hand.
Old 12-12-2003, 03:38 PM

A hand I witnessed. UTG raises preflop with QQ. A caller and the BB calls with 10 2 suited. Flop Q 10 x. Turn 10. River 10. Needless to say they put in a few bets.
Old 12-12-2003, 03:50 PM

I held 92 in the big blind and played for free against 2 limpers. Flop was 752, so I bet. First limper called, second mucked. Turn is a 2. Wow! I bet with confidence now. Call. River is a 2, I bet again because the limper and I are both regulars. We’ve spent many hours playing each other. She wouldn’t call my turn bet without a hand that she will also call on the river. She raises. I 3-bet. She calls and begins cussing. She held 77 and was trapping me.

I have to have catch 22 to win this hand. There is no bigger suck-out than catching the only two cards in the deck that will win you the hand. The most common ways are with quads like me in this hand, or inside-inside straight flush against a bigger flush on the flop.
Old 12-12-2003, 04:06 PM

Last week, 2 table SNG. I'm getting short-stacked so I go all-in with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] get called by A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Turn and river are spades. We chop the pot and I go on to win the tourney.
Old 12-12-2003, 06:35 PM

NLHE I have 77..I call a pot size raise from a moron who has been running good all night. Flop A77. We End up all in for over $200 (alot to me). He ofcourse had AA...... I slept like a baby that night, in fact I think the old lady even gave me some.
Old 12-12-2003, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
.... I slept like a baby that night, in fact I think the old lady even gave me some.

[/ QUOTE ]
your wive doesnt care that your sleepin with old ladies? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]