Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2003, 06:17 AM

Default Re: no limit in vegas--My Report

they virtually never get spread in any of the "real" poker rooms in Vegas.

20 years ago there were no limit and pot limit games that went on a regular basis in Vegas.

But those days ended a long time ago in Vegas.

In fact, at the major tournaments no limit hold 'em doesn't get spread as a side game anymore in Vegas.

Of course things can be different on the Internet and in California.
Old 11-25-2003, 08:11 AM

Worth pointing out that in the UK and much of the rest of the Europe, pot limit is all that is played. Though it's also worth pointing out that the scene here is not the most vibrant or the healthiest (card rooms are closing regularly in the UK).
Old 11-25-2003, 03:07 PM

Sorry if my report sounded a little muddled last night. It was in the middle of the night and I was so tired. I wanted to rattle something off, before I started forgetting little details. It seems like I repeated myself quite a bit, even sounding contradictory at one point, doh! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2003, 08:10 PM

Default Re: felicia

*I* think you're attractive, and so must your hubby, so um... screw those turkeys.

Sincerely,
AA
Old 11-26-2003, 02:55 AM

Hi Nicky:

It's my opinion that as long as pot limit is the game in Europe, there will never be much poker there. I've gone into the reasons before and won't go into them here.

By the way, poker has been growing in the US every year for as long as I can remember, and the paced increased this year with the WPT and other shows plus all the Internet activity. Again the reason is simply that limit began to be spread.

Ironically, no limit tournaments have also been growing for similar reasons. However, keep in mind that no limit tournament play is very different from no limit ring game play.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 11-30-2003, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The players seemed to smell "fish" when I sat down, which is probably how they judge any new player

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, my wife likes this one, as she gets it all the time when she sits down. She claims it's because they think she's a "dumb, long-legged blonde". She nevers plays at the same table as I do, so there are always "gentlemen" that want to help her and give her advice, and they come in all ages. One fella told her not to look at her hole cards so much, because then the other players will know she does not have a pocket pair, the theory here being that a good pair will stay in memory [which is true]. So, she kept looking at a pair of pocket Kings she had, and then flopped a full house. The "gentlemanly" help quickly stopped. Giving the "fake" look at the hole cards, is often an effective tactic. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2003, 08:31 PM

Default Re: no limit in vegas

Binion's is claiming 'Only NL game in vegas.'

I saw this on their poker room message board (board actually posted at the poker room) all of 3 nights ago, when I was just downtown doing my usual video poker run and just checking out the room there.

-t

Old 11-30-2003, 08:36 PM

Difference is:

Tourney: TIME LIMIT patience is a luxury, that will see you knocked out of the $. [been there done that, didn't like it much [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]]

Table game: NO TIME LIMIT patience...

-t
Old 12-01-2003, 06:54 AM

Default Re: no limit in vegas

[ QUOTE ]
Binion's is claiming 'Only NL game in vegas.'

[/ QUOTE ]

I know for a fact when I went to the Monte Carlo in October they had a NL game during the weekend, and the dealers told me it had been spread every weekend for some time. I am going again next week, so I will let you know if it has changed.