Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2003, 06:53 PM

Default Poker Face - who cares?

This probably only applies to low limit HE and little stud, but I find it rather interesting. Watching people draw hands they know they are going to take to the river. You know the type? Okay, so they get a hand on the flop in HE or fourth street in little stud they just know they are going to the river unless a lightning bolt hits the table.

They put on on this incredible, "I'm so bored I am going to die", look on their face. Imo, at small limits who cares what your face is when you know you've just committed your hand to the river. Heck, they could sit up straight, sing, tell a joke....you know they are going to the river. Perhaps it is a way of justifying taking a poor hand to the river? Ie, I know it's a bad hand, but I've got my poker face on, that evens it out. Do you have any thoughts about this behavior?
Old 07-07-2003, 09:04 PM

Default Re: Poker Face - who cares?

Weak players do all sorts of things not to look foolish. They don't mind losing the money, but 'losing face' is much worse to them. They'll call a bet on the end and say 'I know I'm beat'. [They should drop if this is the case.] They'll drop on the end and say 'I know you're bluffing'. [They should call if this is the case.] The only redeeming feature poor players have is they let you take their money without too much of a struggle.