Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2005, 11:11 AM

Default Flopped Q\'s, tough river decision

I 3-bet in late position after with QQ after 1 early limper. The SB calls and the BB folds. 3 to flop of AQ4r. Check, check, I bet 15, SB calls, 1 fold. HU to the turn of 7 completing the rainbow. Check call. River is a 6, SB looks at board, looks at cards and shakes his head like he missed. I bet, he checkraises,... I felt like all three options were viable... btw he was a huge fish, very loose and I hadn't seen him raise yet although this was only like the 3rd orbit.

If it helps any he only had enough chips for 1-2 more BB's after the check raise.

It's your move... thanks for any replies.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:20 AM

Default Re: Flopped Q\'s, tough river decision

It's an easy reraise. Even an idiot is unlikely to have an 8-5 here. He probably rivered two pair or a set which you beat. If he decided to play AA like a jackass and beat you (and I'm guessing that's the case or this somewhat routine hand wouldn't be posted), so be it.

Jeff
Old 06-27-2005, 11:21 AM

Default Re: Flopped Q\'s, tough river decision

This is the easiest raise in the world. Whats the question?
Old 06-27-2005, 11:36 AM

Default bad beat post sorry

I thought there was some merit to the weak means strong move of the fish in question. thanks for the replies, I 3-bet and he flipped his last chip in to make it 95 and turned over 35o, he turned a double gut shot and got paid off big time... I was hoping he rivered 2-pair and the fact that we was almost out of chips more likely I had him beat... next time I'll probably do the same thing but???

thanks for the replies, it was a tough session, I lost 20BB in 2 hours and quit wanted to make sure I wasn't playing too bad.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:45 PM

Default Re: bad beat post sorry

[ QUOTE ]
I thought there was some merit to the weak means strong move of the fish in question. thanks for the replies, I 3-bet and he flipped his last chip in to make it 95 and turned over 35o, he turned a double gut shot and got paid off big time... I was hoping he rivered 2-pair and the fact that we was almost out of chips more likely I had him beat... next time I'll probably do the same thing but???

thanks for the replies, it was a tough session, I lost 20BB in 2 hours and quit wanted to make sure I wasn't playing too bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy 3-bet, especially considering he is almost out of chips and cannot cap it.

Dropping 20 bets is a slight inconvenience, dropping 100+ bets is a tough session.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:49 PM

Default Re: bad beat post sorry

Thanks Fianchetto, yea -20BB in 2 hours live seemed like plenty to me, plus the 2-uber fish left, my dad was sweating me (always bad luck) and I had other commitments. online that isn't too much and if the fish were still there so would I.

btw - this was the 15 game @ prairie meadows in dsm, ia.