Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 05-05-2005, 05:04 PM

Default Re: Question to you new posters

1) college student, personal trainer, 23
2) from one of sklanskys books
Old 05-05-2005, 05:06 PM

1. 27, masters degree in biotechnology (protein biophysics) in a few months. Will be playing my first live tour (other than home games with friend) in the WSOP ME this year.
To top it off I have a pregnant girlfriend and a cat - both blonde

2. Been on 2+2 a while, but not really posting much. Found it 3-4 years ago on an internet search for poker knowledge. I had lost 2/3 of my initial winnings - figured I might have been doing something wrong.....turns out I was [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

started out with NL/PL 4 years ago, then learned the game from the beginning - limit style. Just recently turned my interest to sngs, and doing pretty well already [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2005, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. I fly planes n'stuff,

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you fly? In my former life (prior to kids), I owned a small cessna and used to tool around all over the southeast US.

On clear, cool spring days, I really miss it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, cool to see another pilot on the board!

Anyways, I primarily fly C172s and Piper Seminoles, though I have experience in other aircraft. Unfortunately I don't fly much, since I'm just an unemployed CFI/CFII/MEI (I refuse to work for $18k/yr with the responsibility that comes with the job). I still intend on flying for a career, but only after building my hours on the side while actually making a decent living with some other full-time job.

What kind of Cessna did you own?

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a 1972 182 I shared with a buddy. I learned in 172s and the difference between a 172 and a 182 is amazing. I could pack it full of crap and it still lept off the runway.

I never got past SEL-I (I flew into KAVL a lot, so the instrument rating was essential). I was working on my CFI when I had my first son (who got more flight hours during his first year than most people). After that, the time and money commitment was just too much. My medical and ticket both have lapsed, but one of these days I'll get current again.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:27 PM

1. 2nd year undergrad at UC San Diego
2. Sklansky's book

I'de also encourage all of the regulars who have been on here for a while to introduce themselves to us newbies.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:33 PM

18, college student at Texas A&M. I leared about 2+2 from a friend. Havent read any books on poker, pretty much self taught, i mostly play SnG's and have made 7 times my initial investment in a few months.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:35 PM

I started posting inconsistently a few months ago, not sure if that counts me as new. I guess it does

1. College student at UCLA, 18 years old
2. Been following 2+2 for over a year now - the site was on the back of sklansky's book
Old 05-05-2005, 05:51 PM

Age 43, Microsoft Certified Trainer

Heard of 2+2 thru some of their books. I have been reading here for a few months and have learned a lot. Thanks for all your great posts.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:52 PM

2nd Year PhD Student in Systems Engineering

Randomly chose TOP (the word THEORY sucked me in) as first poker book to read. Quickly bought Super System a few weeks later, but eventually decided to give the website a looksy. Been hooked ever since. Plan on becoming a regular poster in the near future.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:02 PM

25, Graduated from UNLV in 2001.
RGP convert, found out about 2+2 from a buddy I work with.
2+2 has helped my game exponentially since I joined. I cannot express enough gratitude to these forums...awesome.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:08 PM

1) 20 yr old college student at the University of Michigan who works 30 hrs a week

2) I bought HPFAP about a year ago, was directed to the site. Only over the past two months have I relly started reading posts here daily.

I don't post much because usually somebody has already said the same thing as I would or in many instances I simply don't feel qualified to answer and enjoy hearing others' responses much more.