Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2005, 03:24 AM

Default How do you play this.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter
My main opponent here is fairly reasonable..ABC...A little too loose (33% VP$IP). He would bet a draw.

Preflop: Hero is Button with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: (10 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero...Raise, fold, call.

Final Pot: 14 BB
Old 02-26-2005, 03:28 AM

Default Re: How do you play this.

I don't know what you're doing on this flop.

Fold, and it isn't close.
Old 02-26-2005, 03:32 AM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!

fold the flop
Old 02-26-2005, 03:34 AM

You need to fold the flop. If you've called the flop, you need to fold the turn. If that 7 is a K or Q, then maybe you can entertain a turn call, but only for a second. Pick a street and fold, sooner rather than later.
Old 02-26-2005, 05:47 AM

Easy fold on the river.

Unlike others I don't fault your play at all.

Pre-Flop - Easy call getting an expected 5-1

Flop - Easy call getting 11-1 with your set draw probably still good and a backdoor straight draw

Turn - A close call but still a call as long as your don't seriously expect a SB check raise. Getting 8 - 1 (9-1 if you expect SB to call) you have about 5 good outs when your factor in partial outs

3 good outs - A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
3 semi-scary outs - 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
2 scary outs - A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Just my thoughts as I don't think you play it as poorly as people make it sound.

Dopey [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 02-26-2005, 07:13 AM

I must disagree severely again with this flop advice for two points;

1. With the set draw, an awful lot of low cards will be out and there's an awful lot of players out there who either could have a straight or redraw to a straight. Remember that you have two live blinds in this hand, and the SB led out into 5 players...

2. Backdoor Straigt draw is one of the weakest order as the high version is a sucker setup. Also, there's the obvious club draw which should be a consideration with all the players.

Even if we gave this hand 3 outs (two 3's, one for the backdoor straight) he needs 14-1 which he clearly isn't getting. Realistically, I estimate this hand to have 1.5 outs. This is a clear, undisputable flop fold. Period.