Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 12:34 AM

Default To all the Minnesota fans

Dear Minnesota Fans,

I'd like to extend my condolences to you all:

2005 was supposed to be the year that the Twins won the world series, the gophers competed for the big ten title, and the Vikings coasted to an easy victory in the NFC north without the "distraction" of randy moss. but hey cheer up now the NBA season is starting, oh wait thats right....timberwolves, sorry i forgot. best of luck to you in the future though.

Sincerely,
Wisconsin
Old 11-02-2005, 12:45 AM

Default Re: To all the Minnesota fans

nhl anyone?
Old 11-02-2005, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Minnesota Fans,

2005 was supposed to be the year that the Twins won the world series, the gophers competed for the big ten title, and the Vikings coasted to an easy victory in the NFC north without the "distraction" of randy moss. but hey cheer up now the NBA season is starting, oh wait thats right....timberwolves, sorry i forgot. best of luck to you in the future though.

Sincerely,
Wisconsin

[/ QUOTE ]

You aren't allowed to sign anything "Wisconsin" considering your favorite teams. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2005, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Minnesota Fans,

Sincerely,
Duke BBall and Yankees Bandwagon

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Sorry, but it's just too easy, too true, and too much fun. If you were an actual Wisconsin sports fan then you could make this post.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dear Minnesota Fans,

Sincerely,
Wisconsin

[/ QUOTE ]

You aren't allowed to sign anything "Wisconsin" considering your favorite teams. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

once again cuz you apparently momentarily lost the ability to read in the other thread.

My favorite teams:

baseball: yankees and brewers
nba: bucks
nfl: packers
ncaafb: badgers
ncaa bball: duke and marquette

just cuz i cheer for duke and nyy doesnt mean the majority arent still from WI

edit to add: also clark honestly, if you're this uncreative that you have to make this same standard reply to me any time i make a post on sports and you seem to think that i cant be a fan of these teams, why havent i been put on ignore yet by you?

seriously its just annoying and trollish on your part, and the only reason i havent put you on ignore (yes i know you wouldnt care if i did) is because you happen to make great poker posts and i know i'd be missing out if i did.

but as far as the sports stuff goes, honestly please just stop, i've explained this all over 100 times on these forums and its just getting old that i have to defend my right to cheer for teams i've been a fan of since i was 4 years old in every post. Most of the people ripping on me cant say that about a single team they cheer for.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dear Minnesota Fans,

Sincerely,
Duke BBall and Yankees Bandwagon

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Sorry, but it's just too easy, too true, and too much fun. If you were an actual Wisconsin sports fan then you could make this post.

[/ QUOTE ]

cool i enjoy people who are illiterate.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but [b]i'm just uncreative and crying myself to sleep at night from all the disappointment i've faced and the fact that i'll always be known as brian #2[b]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 11-02-2005, 01:12 AM

Your two favorite teams are not from Wisconsin, so you can't make the original post without opening yourself up for cheapshots on this issue. I'm not saying there is something inherently wrong with Duke and the Yankees being your favorite teams, you've stated your reasons for why this is the case and it is what is. However, there is a price to pay for abandoning your home teams in favor of out-of-town winners whether you like it or not.

And for the record:

Twins still >> Brewers
Vikes still > Pack (at least till Culpepper went down)
Twolves still > Bucks
And no one cares about Gophers football
Old 11-02-2005, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Twolves still > Bucks

[/ QUOTE ]

this one will be proven wrong by the end of the season. the bucks improved from last season to this probably more than any other team in the nba.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but [b]i'm just uncreative and crying myself to sleep at night from all the disappointment i've faced and the fact that i'll always be known as brian #2[b]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that's funny