Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2005, 01:51 PM

Default Table selection

I've been trying to take a hard look at where my leaks are. One thing I've noticed is when I end up at a table that is LAG (42%VPIP and 9%PFR) for example, I usually end up taking a beating. I'm okay with a LAG here or there but when the whole table plays this way, I seem to find myself saying "How could he possibly have played that hand" way too often. I seem to put them on hands that are way off.

In thinking about trying not to play these tables, I started considering best method of table selection. I agree with an earlier post that you can take the numbers provided by the sites with a grain of salt (Avg size of pot, etc. Those numbers often come from players that are no longer at the table.

So a two pronged question...

What do you look for in your ideal table and how do you find one?
Old 01-17-2005, 01:54 PM

Default Re: Table selection

Looser the better. If there are a lot of PFR +20%, I just go into it knowing there will be large swings. But the payoff is too much! My best profits have come from those types of tables. If you really can't stand the caps, then just look for loose passive players, there really can't be too many of them. Sure, there will be lots of runner runner beats, but it'll work out in the long run.
Old 01-17-2005, 02:10 PM

Default Re: Table selection

Yup, the looser the better.

But you gotta be able to play in the LAGgy games too. Big profits in those games to be made. Loose-passive tables are always a plus, but sometimes you can't find them and LAG tables are the next best thing.

Just play a bit tighter and get in with the best of it and don't bluff in the LAG tables and you'll do fine. No fancy stuff, just go in with your best hands and get paid off.