Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 08:25 PM

Default Re: Who\'s crushing the rock gardens?

[ QUOTE ]
But of what import is bankroll growth at micro limits? Any decent McJob will replenish a micro bankroll in a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I take BR at the micros so seriously because I built my BR from the micros. Work sucks. I'd take $4/hr playing hold'em while learning how to play well on the go, so I can play for $50/hr in the future.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
stop playing in those games.

[/ QUOTE ]

100% correct. You are damaging your bankroll growth by continuing to play. One of the most important things any poster here will tell you is that table selection is extremely important.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not as important at .5/1 as at 5/10.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see why. Are you saying this because of a larger playerbase at 0.5/1 than 5/10?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seat selection is farther up on my list than table selection. But at .5/1 there just aren't that many 'good' players. Get reads on your opponents (how many times do you read this statement in various posts) and learn how to handle specific scenarios against certain types of players. You aren't gonna play against LPP's forever you know. Better to learn how to handle a 'TAG' on the cheap.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lately, I have been really struggling with the Rock Gardens full of TAGs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry I know this semantics, but a table full of TAGs is not a rock garden. A rock garden is a table full of weak-tighties.

If you want to test your skills at a TAG table, then go ahead and play it on the cheap. I've found that at the micros, taggish players are somewhat weak tags. I suppose this is to be expected since people with excellent skills will move up.

I'm sure it's a good learning experience, just don't expect to "crush them" as you would a softer table. If you win, hey, cool. If not, you didn't lose that much money.

But by playing better tables, you'll see plenty of TAGs and have plenty of experience/hands against them to learn. But I suppose you want to be a stud and learn to beat TAG tables. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Good luck on finding someone to sweat you!
Old 11-09-2005, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seat selection is farther up on my list than table selection. But at .5/1 there just aren't that many 'good' players. Get reads on your opponents (how many times do you read this statement in various posts) and learn how to handle specific scenarios against certain types of players. You aren't gonna play against LPP's forever you know. Better to learn how to handle a 'TAG' on the cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's agreed that as you learn, it helps to learn against ALL kinds of players. But .5/1 should be ABC territory, should it not? And wouldn't it be most efficient to learn the ABCs at a site where you'll get paid off better while you're doing it?

If you DO decide to stay and learn, after you've got the hang of it, run, don't walk, to a more profitable site. You'll get lots more practice against weak-tighties as you move up.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's agreed that as you learn, it helps to learn against ALL kinds of players. But .5/1 should be ABC territory, should it not? And wouldn't it be most efficient to learn the ABCs at a site where you'll get paid off better while you're doing it?

If you DO decide to stay and learn, after you've got the hang of it, run, don't walk, to a more profitable site. You'll get lots more practice against weak-tighties as you move up.

[/ QUOTE ]

OP's gonna hit 'weak-tight land' when he moves up to 1/2. Why not learn to deal with it now? He's already said that money does matter to him, and we have all seen the "I just moved to 1/2 and I'm getting killed" posts. For me, playing this game is about getting better at it. I'm not satisfied with 'crushing the rock gardens', I want to feel comfy at 5/10 short. Only way to do that is to play, play, play until I'm rolled for a shot. It sure would help to know how to handle an 18/8/2.5 TAG when I get there right?
Old 11-09-2005, 09:49 PM

Rocks are not difficult to play against. In fact, when I play 3/6 at party, because entire tables are not fishy normally, I find that tables are most profitable when they have a high VPIP for the top 3 and a really low VPIP for the bottom 3.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seat selection is farther up on my list than table selection

[/ QUOTE ]

What is your process for finding a good seat? It seems I spend time waiting just for a good table online and usually there's just one seat available to choose from.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What is your process for finding a good seat? It seems I spend time waiting just for a good table online and usually there's just one seat available to choose from.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent point. In order to sit down at a 1/2 table, it's rare that I can without signing up on multiple waiting lists. Do people really have a seat open up, go to the table, see who's to their left and right, and pass on it? I admit there's been a few players that make me consider that, but I always just sit down. Especially when the wait lists are 5-6 players deep.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:51 AM

You don't have to take the seat when your name comes up on the list. If there's a Loosey Goosey to the left, and a TAG to the right, move along. Don't be so impatient to sit down. Try and get a handle on how the table is playing, beyond the stats.