Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2005, 10:03 PM

Default Poker.com?

Is this site decent? My friend, who doesn't play much was recommending it to me. Honestly, for such a common name (Poker.com..duh)...it isn't talked about much.

Any thoughts?
Old 08-22-2005, 10:25 PM

Default Re: Poker.com?

Newbies probably wonder why the most obvious name is not a site.

Well couple years back there was a room run under poker.com. One day the site wasn't working and was hijacked by another site. The site was gone and anyone who had money lost it.

PRESS RELEASE

SOURCE: Poker.com

VANCOUVER, British Columbia -- Poker.com Inc. announced today that the company has been the victim of a form of technological piracy.

During the course of regular business operations on Friday, December 6th, 2002, the Poker.com domain was hijacked and re-directed without the consent or knowledge of the company.

In accordance with an agreement signed on July 16th, 1999, Poker.com Inc. obtained the worldwide rights to the internet domain known as www.poker.com which included a period of validity until the year 2098.

Poker.com Inc. is unaware of any claim or disagreement through which the company holding the title to the domain may have reason to effect any changes to the current status and operation of www.poker.com.

In an effort to ensure the smooth operation of Poker.com Inc.'s gaming products, the company has redirected all online traffic to www.thepokerclub.com which will operate the poker cardroom.

Poker.com Inc. will vigorously pursue its rights to the domain and will hold those responsible for the hijacking of the domain responsible for any and all damages resulting from the re-direction.

Poker.com Inc. apologizes to its shareholders and customers for the recent events and will engage a full legal, technical and operational audit to ensure the operations of the company are maintained to ensure a smooth return to the rightful status of www.poker.com.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:39 PM

I think there may have been two sides to this story.

I didn't lose any money, and I have never heard before this that any other player lost any money.

The original poker.com did not get the site back, and their replacement site went badly downhill. I think it may have closed by now.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:42 PM

Mike,

I had like $25 only in there. Don't know if I could have got it back if I "hunted" down the replacements. Only had a marginal effort at it. Needless to say though I am very weary of any outfit running under this website name.

-Joe
Old 08-23-2005, 09:47 AM

I didn't lose any money either. Prior to that, poker.com was an excelent site to play at, despite the subpar Prima software at that time.

Adde
Old 08-23-2005, 08:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this site decent? My friend, who doesn't play much was recommending it to me. Honestly, for such a common name (Poker.com..duh)...it isn't talked about much.Any thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you'll like the software much, as that definitely needs improving. Multi-tabling is very troublesome as the tables do not open up in a separate window. They have a lot of freerolls though (12 $100 freerolls per day.), so maybe you should just give one of those a try and check out the software.

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 08-23-2005, 09:15 AM

Nice wallpaper though:

Old 08-23-2005, 09:26 AM

Take care.

This is an obviously blatant attempt at a subliminal message to make you think of going all in at every available opportunity.