Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2005, 04:37 AM

Default early stage in trny.. POST BACK PLEASE!!!!

home game trny. started with $50 in chips. 5 hands in. im on the button and limp in with 5,6s. flop 10 5 6 two clubs one heart. sb bets minimum, utg raises minimum, I re-raise 6x re-raisers bet, sb calls, utg calls.

im putting utg on a flush draw I have played with him once before, sb im putting on a 10 small kicker.

turn is a 7 of hearts. sb checks, utg bets I push all in, sb folds and utg calls. $30 in the pot with my $40 push it makes $70. utg has.... A 8 of hearts. open ended straight and flush draw.

I don’t like his call, too early in trny to risk almost all his chips. but what about my push. is it too early in the trny for me to risk it there? I figured not only that I had the % to win if he called but also (what I was hoping) that I could have won it right there. so going all in added to my chances of winning the pot.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:42 AM

Default Re: early stage in trny.. POST BACK PLEASE!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
is it too early in the trny for me to risk it there?

[/ QUOTE ]

It never is. You played it fine.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:55 AM

Default Re: early stage in trny.. POST BACK PLEASE!!!!

I have decided that if I am getting better with my reads, I can live with the outcome of the "luck of the draw."

You had him on a flush draw. The board "put him" on the straight draw, IMO. You had the read. You were ahead in the hand, and you pushed.

You gave yourself the best chance to take these chips. You really can't ask for more from yourself.