Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 01:48 AM

Default Best line still 4-handed on the turn

The 3 others to see the flop were all very loose preflop, and didn't have much reads to how they played post. I did know however BB could get LAGgy pre and post.

This situation almost seemed like a full ring hand.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.20 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ???</font>,

What's my best line the rest of the hand?
A) Bet-fold the turn
B) Bet-call, call the river if just heads up
C) Check-call a button turn bet if other 2 fold and c/c the river
D) Check-fold to a button turn bet with turn overcall(s)
E) Other(s)
Old 10-20-2005, 02:07 AM

Default Re: Best line still 4-handed on the turn

Value bet.
Old 10-20-2005, 02:58 AM

Default Re: Best line still 4-handed on the turn

Well the worst case scenario would be folding the best hand on the turn. Since we dont really know our villians its pretty tough to gauge how likely this is. A c/r bluff here seems pretty ambitious for most lags but many will still take a shot at you here.

I think a close second is giving 3 hands that are most likely drawing a free card. Your pretty vulnerable here and pretty often youll have the best hand.

I'm placing putting 3 bb in with the worst hand at third even though I would hate it. The good news about this scenario is you have plenty of opportunities to get away, I'm gonna go ahead and fold to a raise overcall and a raise 3bet is easy.

My conclusion is bet it out. This is a peelers flop in a pot thats big and multiway, youve got alot of people chasing junk. Your vulnerable and theres possible hands out there that will punish you, but when you bet you need to be best on the river significantly less often. You may even pick up the option on the river by knocking button out.