Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > ISOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2005, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Suggestions

Why the hell nobody bought isop.com, installed up a registration software, get some 10,000 players to register (should be easy for 2+2) and T

lol

certainly you jest, right?

tell you what, i challenge you to do this with 100 players from here, much less 10,000
Old 01-11-2005, 05:44 PM

Apologies if this has been addressed previously, but I would suggest being careful about having tournements at any other Party Poker skin besides Party itself.

Empire has prohibited me from opening an account due to the fact that I have an active Party account and are insisting that I close my Party account to open up at Empire and I just don't want to go to the trouble.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:06 AM

Final table hand histories/replays with all the hole cards.

I think someone suggested this before.

WSOP fans already expect final table holecams, it's what made poker huge (and would make ISOP huge).

Off topic, I'd kill to see high stakes games with all the hole cards... lucky poker site admins [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2005, 04:32 AM

I haven't seen this posted else where , Will the tournaments have antes built into the structure ?
Old 01-12-2005, 06:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with you, and this is actually something we're getting the ball rolling on. I really like your idea of unique apparell for each event.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to piggy back on this thought, limited apparell for participating in each event would be neat as well. Always nice to have something nobody else can get, and it adds an awe factor.

-Ryan
Old 01-12-2005, 09:26 AM

I know you got a broad base of registered users. Maybe you got me wrong, I was talking about (or at least meaning) a registration process for the actual tournament (series). What do you think would party say if you have 20k registered players that have already agreed on playing a 1k event on the first Sunday in February? Let you down? I highly doubt that. I wish your upcoming list of sites includes Party as the major partner (most important the final event partner) as this would almost guarantee the ISOP to be winner. I like the idea and will be playing but I doubt the approach, sorry. If you prove me wrong nobody would be happier than me (except 2+2 maybe [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

Anyway, all the best!

Jan "50outs"
Old 01-12-2005, 09:36 AM

Honestly, I could not get 10 players to register. I assumed that you are counting on your 2+2 user base as you putted all informations here. If you spread the word here and ask for support and have the open coverage from Mason+Co. I believe you would have gotten many registrations. Partner up with Cardplayer (no clue if this would have been possible) and there would have been thousands of registrations - or so I believe.

I admit that I have thought only 30 seconds before posting while you may have done so for weeks or even months so when you say all was considered and you came out with the best (or only possible) approach I'll buy it.

I wasn't trying to insult just fast shooting from the hip what I thought :-)

Jan "50outs"
Old 01-12-2005, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Empire has prohibited me from opening an account due to the fact that I have an active Party account and are insisting that I close my Party account to open up at Empire and I just don't want to go to the trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is true only if you wish to use the same name for the account on both sites.
Try adding something to the end of the name on Empire.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:15 PM

I wasn't trying to insult just fast shooting from the hip what I thought :-)

oh goodness! i knew you were not trying to insult. i was just answering like granny always does. anyway, the point is that we can't get poker players, especially this bunch, to pre-plan and commit to anything beyond their morning monkey-spank.

your idea is a great one and would be used in a perfect world.

ok, a little progress report here.

we are quite pleased with the developments of this last week. we will be making an announcement this weekend, but we are thrilled to report that we have partnered with an incredible site to handle the first event and the championship event. we will discuss the reasons that this is the best fit ever when we post the official news.

also, we have received commitment from paradise for a monthly event (which you all know makes Granny moist because we can now boast free hotdogs for the ISOP players that month. proper nutrition will be important if you make it deep into the money). this commitment was secured today, and added to the commitments from all the other top notch sites we have already signed.

things could not be looking better.

this final line-up will be a group of sites that will have the ability, through this partnership, to make the ISOP an event that will forever be a part of poker's landscape. not just online poker, but poker in general.

there are still details to iron out and still deals to close, but we are on the eve of launching the ISOP, and the final product will be a wonder to behold. the best part of it is that the ISOP is a concept that was born in the 2+2 community, will be staffed within the 2+2 community, and will be a group effort of staggering proportions.

from the audio commentary to the tournament director, from the tournament reporters to the operational issues, this is going to be all 2+2. the ISOP may have david, mason, and ray's mug slapped on it for tv commercials or print ad outside of this community, but they are just our trained monkeys. more like mascots that we will use to bring the little fishies to our tourneys.

the hard work and involvement of the community will be something that will brand this place as the genesis of online tournaments the likes of which have never been imagined.

thanks to everyone for your feedback and paitence. this is going to be a fun year. as a matter of fact, i am openly placing a $750 bounty on mason's head in the first tournament he can play. we hope the three can play in many of them, but that's going to be determined by schedules and availability. however, the first mason malmuth elimination in his first isop event will come with a cool $750 prize. the only condition is that the player who snuffs our grand POO-bah was a registered member of 2+2 before the tourney's first hand is dealt. massacre him with the Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], and you get an extra $750 for a total of $1,500. woooooooo

finally, i don't want to jinx anything with a progress report on Party, but this weekend we hope to be able to fill in the blanks in regards to the final schedule as well as naming most if not all of the site sponsors. we are certainly hoping that Party is on this final list, and i encourage all who feel the same to write an email to support and let them know this. they have, as you all know, the PPM and many other promotions, so we have asked that they simply take a monthly event, and that is what we are working toward.

again, our flagship site is perhaps the greatest fit between a tournament and a sponsor since benny binion invited his friends to crown a world champ. between securing them for our "bookend" events, and the firm commitments from the rest of our super star, site line-up, the ISOP could not fail even if granny dropped dead on a virtual poker table.

stay tuned!

Old 01-13-2005, 12:37 PM

TV commercials???? [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]