Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-25-2005, 01:36 AM

Default The Bad beat away from poker that tilted me so far out

I have been playing poker for about one year and this is the worst beat i have ever had, Heads Up:

PF: My brother raises UTG by telling me Jennifer, his friend visiting from uni, sat next to John Phan on her plane ride here.

I re raise by telling him Mike Matasow is my butler. We flop.

UTG he straight out bets the pot indicating that John Phan showed Jennifer pictures of Las Vegas on his laptop and said somthing along the lines of "I should take you down there somtime"

I call.

The turn gives me a few outs but there is this sick feeling inside my chest. AGAIN my brother OVERBETS the pot by then confirming with his friend that yes John Phan asked for her phone number... I rarely chase but i just had to see the river.

I couldnt remember what colour the river was and my brother told me that she DECLINED... i mucked the nuts and went so far on tilt...

My older brother told me that later on J. Phan fell asleep and Jennifer forgot to give the number or some sort of BS. Jennifer says she has the pictures to prove it... begginners luck.