Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 03:00 AM

Default Re: Your Initial Reaction to Losing?

You mean like when I just lost heads up with even stacks and my push with K9 was called by J6???

If I'm in a good mood, I merely feel my entire body get very warm.

If I'm in a bad mood, I tend to slam my fist on my desk.

(Incidentally, I almost made a post one time about being the biggest idiot in the world. I nearly broke my hand when I thought that I had gotten sucked out on again on the river for like the gazillionth time that day. All-in pre-flop, I hit my pair, villain hits two pair on the river. CRAP!!! Slam fist on desk really hard. Oh wait, the chips are sliding my way. Hey, I HAVE A STRAIGHT!!! Oh [censored], I think I broke my hand... all cuz I can't read the damn board. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] )
Old 09-21-2005, 03:06 AM

Yeah. I've just started slamming my fists on the desk. I like how everything shakes a little bit, and I have some loose change that jangles, and it calms me down pretty quick so I can lose on another table with quiet dignity.

Easybay has it down to a T, though.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:41 AM

Yesterday I got AA in a SnG and a guy before had pushed with 98s. He won. I rebuild my stack and find AA again in SB in level 4. It is folded to me and I limp. The same guy pushes from BB and I call. He has 77 and rivers a 7.

Since I was on a ten buyin drop at the time I got pretty annoyed with god, the universe and everything. So I took a break after that set and then actually went back and made a profit for the day.

I don't get violent or scream. Basically I just sigh loudly, think about typing something in the chat and in 99% of the cases decide not to (and the last 1% isn't really mean, just "of course" "should have figured" etc). I am pretty calm by nature and I would have to be pounded by bad luck for a whole day for it to bring me out of balance. It must be a nightmare for those who are really tempramental.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm only somewhat pissed if they call with crap. If he was justified for calling, it usually doesn't bother me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-21-2005, 04:10 AM

I turn into a baby. I get pissed and yell [censored] loudly and my boyfriend knows to ignore me for awhile. Then if it was a super retard that jacked me I stay and heckle them for awhile until they lose and it makes me feel better.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:33 AM

I don't get bothered by the beats. Don't have a reaction to them. Until I get a string of em, like three or four in a couple minutes, or I bust out of a couple straight tourneys like that. Then I just send Bones a message that looks like "Dude. asdkjfhasdlkjhfalskdjhf"
Old 09-21-2005, 09:12 AM

If I'm playing 4-8 games, I don't usually notice if I'm busy at another table... oh well.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

AK (dominated)
AJ (dominating)
88 (coinflip)

[/ QUOTE ]

That's poker.

[ QUOTE ]

K4 (the "wtf is he calling my push for" hand)

[/ QUOTE ]

Add this guy to my buddy list [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-21-2005, 09:28 AM

if losing causes you to think about breaking things, you really should give up, because that's the challenge of poker- keeping your head when you lose even though you made the correct decisions. You must be suscetptible to tilt, if you lose your head so easily. Yes i know it's frustrating when idiots call with fnck all but it's these idiots that are in the long run losing, and us who make correct decisions who are winning.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes i know it's frustrating when idiots call with fnck all but it's these idiots that are in the long run losing, and us who make correct decisions who are winning.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure I've heard this before, not sure where?