Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2005, 06:47 PM

Default Re: Getting money that is owed.. (small claims?)

UPDATE:
I gave the guy a call today, and he's being a dick about the $50. He's now saying I purposely chose not to tell him about the car not including a jack, claiming that I'm changing my story, from "not owning a car jack" to "not knowing about a car jack," which doesn't quite make any sense. I'm having a hard time explaining that the jack was his responsibility, not mine. He doesn't quite understand that he was not allowed to spend MY money and I have a feeling I will do something drastic if he's gonna be a stubborn little donkey.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He doesn't quite understand that he was not allowed to spend MY money and I have a feeling I will do something drastic if he's gonna be a stubborn little donkey.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like post about it on the internet a few more times?

I hope you saved a key to the car. If you really want to be drastic, claim he didn't pay you the assigned amount and reposess the car.

But then you'd have to sell it again, so [censored] it. Duct tape a small jug of milk to the underside of the car and hope he doesn't notice it. Or a dead animal.

NT
Old 07-27-2005, 12:32 AM

Do *something*...be it taking him to court, or burning down his house. From the sounds of it, talking to him is a waste of time, so stop doing that. Don't waste any more time stewing about it, either. You'll regret it for a long time if you just end up letting him walk all over you, so you need to do something.
Old 07-27-2005, 05:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do *something*...be it taking him to court, or burning down his house. From the sounds of it, talking to him is a waste of time, so stop doing that. Don't waste any more time stewing about it, either. You'll regret it for a long time if you just end up letting him walk all over you, so you need to do something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

You still have a key for your old car, right? What you can do is steal a wheel or two from the car. Since he has no jack, he will actually need to buy a jack to replace the wheel(s).

Or you can slash the tires.

Or you can smash a window of the car and steal the radio.

Or you can spraypaint the car with swearwords.

Or smash a window worth $50+ at his house.

Have some fun.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A while back I posted about my car sale and receiving a check for $2,950 but with the wrong written amount ("Two thousand and fifty dollars"). Anyhow, the buyer sent me a new check... correct spelling, but wrong amount. $2,900 this time, so he still owes me $50.

The day I received it (Thursday), I gave him a call and basically said, "Hey, your check was for $2,900. Please send the other $50." He didn't call me back until today (Monday). I was taking a test in class so I couldn't pick up. He left a message saying he intentionally left out $50 to cover the cost of a carjack.

WTF? The day he came to pay for the car, he asked me if I had a carjack and I said, "No, I never had one." I thought we both understood that the sale would not include a carjack but apparently he didn't. My gut tells me he's just trying to get away with an extra $50.

Now.. I don't want to threaten him (yet) so I will make an effort to simply ask him for the money. HOWEVER, I have a feeling that he won't send it, so I need a backup plan. would small claims be reasonable for this? If so, what's the procedure of claiming a case?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cash the check, then go stab his tires at like 4:15am (for a poker player, this is a reasonable time of the evening to be doing this).

Two days later, do it again.

4 months later, do it again.

Then call him and ask for the $50.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You will spend more than $50 to fight this. Setting fire to the car is a better idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

No it's not.

I've got a pretty basic philosophy on crime:

You can't get away with murder, but you can get away with lesser stuff.

Arson isn't "lesser stuff": you'll have a team of experts trying to track you down. Not a good idea.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A while back I posted about my car sale and receiving a check for $2,950 but with the wrong written amount ("Two thousand and fifty dollars"). Anyhow, the buyer sent me a new check... correct spelling, but wrong amount. $2,900 this time, so he still owes me $50.

The day I received it (Thursday), I gave him a call and basically said, "Hey, your check was for $2,900. Please send the other $50." He didn't call me back until today (Monday). I was taking a test in class so I couldn't pick up. He left a message saying he intentionally left out $50 to cover the cost of a carjack.

WTF? The day he came to pay for the car, he asked me if I had a carjack and I said, "No, I never had one." I thought we both understood that the sale would not include a carjack but apparently he didn't. My gut tells me he's just trying to get away with an extra $50.

Now.. I don't want to threaten him (yet) so I will make an effort to simply ask him for the money. HOWEVER, I have a feeling that he won't send it, so I need a backup plan. would small claims be reasonable for this? If so, what's the procedure of claiming a case?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cash the check, then go stab his tires at like 4:15am (for a poker player, this is a reasonable time of the evening to be doing this).

Two days later, do it again.

4 months later, do it again.

Then call him and ask for the $50.

[/ QUOTE ]

Theoretically speaking, the correct procedure for this is to put the knifetip to the tire and slowly press into the tire, rather than actually attempting to stab the tire. If you have a buddy come with you, then you guys can take out both tires on each side at a very quick pace. Park your car a ways away, and run towards the car. Bonus points if the guy lives near a ravine that you can run through to reach your car (and if the ravine opens out onto a few different streets). Take a quick walk along your escape route before attempting this. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Edit: Be calm when running with knives, as slipping and falling on one would be both painful and embarassing. Bonus points if the knives have some sort of sheathes for when you're not using them.