Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 04:09 AM

Default 50$ NL Deep Stacks... Extremely weird river

50$ NL with deep stacks. No read on Villain.

I've got about 89$ and Villain has around $150.

And yes, I know this is a fold preflop.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em (NL$50) <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $3.00</font>, Hero calls $1.50.

Flop: ($7.75) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($7.75) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets $0.50</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7.00</font>, MP2 calls $6.50.

River: ($21.75) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 pushes all in, Hero...</font>
Old 09-28-2005, 04:17 AM

Default Re: 50$ NL Deep Stacks... Extremely weird river

looks like a fold. He has AA here a lot I'd think.

The only other conceivable hand if villain is not nuts is AJ. Fold and thank villain for saving you at least $20.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:28 AM

1st I don't fold this preflop either.

I bet this flop nearly every time.

Whats with the .50 turn bet? I've see loads of hands posted with mini bets like this on the flop, turn and river? Anyway, I call the push and expect to see either the case J or AK. If he has AA he out-played me, 55 and I figure I'm safe from quads for a while. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-28-2005, 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, I call the push and expect to see either the case J or AK. If he has AA he out-played me, 55 and I figure I'm safe from quads for a while. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You see this is a limp-reraise right? So limp-reraise with 55? If he has the case J, limp-reraise with KJ? QJs? As for pushing this with AK, unlikely....

1. Pre-flop is good, IMO.

2. By betting the flop, you'll have more of an idea where you are. As it is, you don't know if he had something before the turn, or after. If he has AA, it's a very wierd limp from MP2, and a min-raise also is awful. I'd bet out on the flop, just about the pot-size.

3. Turn is good, although should have been made on the flop, god I hate his min-bet though, leaves you not knowing what he holds.

4. After the push.. I call. There are so many hands that you beat, only AA you can fear, but for the chance of doubling my $89 stack, you don't get me off this hand. I go for it.

[ QUOTE ]
1st I don't fold this preflop either.

[/ QUOTE ]
What talked me into calling was the price I was getting from the pot and my position. But folding is correct. Think about reverse implied odds.

[ QUOTE ]
I bet this flop nearly every time.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure why... Not saying that your play is without merit, but in most cases when someone limp/reraises and checks the flop they'll have either a monster or are scared of the ace on board. Checking seems like the best way to induce action, no?

[ QUOTE ]
Whats with the .50 turn bet? I've see loads of hands posted with mini bets like this on the flop, turn and river?

[/ QUOTE ]
Frequently they're draws. Sometimes its a weak hand trying figure out where they're at. Sometimes it's a strong hand asking to get raised... in which case I almost invariably accomodate them [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, I call the push and expect to see either the case J or AK.

[/ QUOTE ]
AK pushing this river would be extremely weird. What hand could he limp/reraise with that has a jack?

[ QUOTE ]
If he has AA he out-played me

[/ QUOTE ]
You mean outflopped me right? I think Villain played this hand horribly.

Anyways, yeah, I called, and the fucker had AA. I really, erally, REALLY didn't need to lose my stack here, but, you know, heat of the moment and all that bullshit.

The crazy thing is I only played 90 some hands (I stopped after this hand because I was a little perturbed [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) and managed to finish up!
Old 09-28-2005, 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree.. there are only two aces left in the deck, but I just don't see anything he plays this way that I'm beating. My read up until the river was KK.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree.. there are only two aces left in the deck, but I just don't see anything he plays this way that I'm beating. My read up until the river was KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

it also backs up my working theory that all limp-reraises are AA...
Old 09-28-2005, 04:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it also backs up my working theory that all limp-reraises are AA...

[/ QUOTE ]
I have limped KK UTG before, but yeah, AA or KK generally speaking. I imagine I'll have to throw in a 9Ts every once in a while once more people start to realize this. In all honesty though, I think limping AA UTG has a lot to say for it as long as you're able to get away from it the pot is unraised.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:43 AM

WOW. Villian played it awfully. At least you can take some consolation in that you can put this donk on your buddy list and stack him next time you see him playing. Limp, min-re-raise with AA in MP2, shocking. Not betting on the flop, very poor. The min-bet on the turn wasn't pretty either. He's just lucky you had the 3rd nuts and couldn't get away from it, otherwise he'd have got NO value out of the hand. Makes you wonder how he got his big stack in the first place.