Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 01:13 AM

Default Party Poker Button Disappearance

So I was playing tonight and my internet connection was just dandy. Once again, for whatever reason, the Fold/Check/Bet buttons all started disappearing. Oddly, it happened one table at a time instead of all at once (I was on 4 tables simultaneously). This isn't the first time this has ever happened to me, but I changed my graphics settings a while ago as Party instructed me. Anyone else experience this recently?

To give an idea of what I was doing, I had 4 tables of Party, McAffee in the background, and PT and GT+ all running. Any help would be great; I emailed Party and asked for compensation already. Thanks.

-ryan
Old 11-08-2005, 09:53 AM

Default Re: Party Poker Button Disappearance

This happened to me during one of the $20K freeroll tournaments. I was going to call someone's All-in with my pocket Jacks, when all my buttons disappeared, so I had no choice but to wait until I timed out and auto folded. I was totally pissed off.

I think it's just an example of party's software being buggy. You could always pull the plug on your internet connection to be "all in" during the hand with whatever you've already bet instead of being auto folded.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:04 PM

Default Re: Party Poker Button Disappearance

I've been having the same problems a lot lately. I tried doing the graphics settings fix I've seen mentioned (i.e. hardware acceleration) but this didn't solve the problem for me. I emailed tech support at Party and got the following response. It has actually solved the problem for me so far. I'm hoping it stays fixed but wouldn't be shocked if it comes back.

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for contacting us.

We regret the inconvenience caused.

With regard to your email, please follow these procedures in order to set things right.

Follow the steps below to do Disk Cleanup.

1) Close all the programs
2) Click on Start
3) Click on Programs
4) Click on Accessories
5) Select System Tools
6) Click on Disk Cleanup

Once the Disk cleanup starts check all the check boxes shown and click on the "Start" button. After the disk cleanup is done, you will be taken back to the desktop.

To delete all temp files and cookies & clear History in the Internet Explorer, follow the steps below.

1) Close all programs/windows and open Internet Explorer
2) Click on Tools on the menu bar
3) Click on Internet Options.
4) Click on "Delete Files". Check "Delete all offline content" option.
5) Click on "View Files". Click on "Edit" on the top and click on "Select All". Press the "Del" on the keyboard. Close this window. Also close the Settings window.
6) Click on the "Clear History" button. Click on "Yes" to confirm. Click "Ok" and close all the windows. Also close Internet Explorer.

In order to resume playing you will need to uninstall and then reinstall our software.

IMPORTANT: Before you uninstall the software ensure you save "Player Notes" onto a separate word file so that they can be retained. If you do not, all the notes you made through the "Add Player Notes" option will be lost.

To retrieve the existing player notes follow the simple instructions below:

1. Right click on the 'PartyPoker.com' icon on your desktop and select 'Properties'.
2. In the Properties window, click on 'Find Target' this will open the installation folder.
3. Right click on 'Notes.txt' file and select 'Copy' from the menu.
4. Now, paste the 'Notes.txt' into the 'My Documents' folder.
5. After Uninstalling and Reinstalling our software, copy the 'Notes.txt' file to the installation directory.

To uninstall the software:

1. Click 'Start', point to 'Settings', click on 'Control Panel', and then double-click on the 'Add/Remove Programs'.
2. Select 'PartyPoker.com', and click on 'Change/Remove' to remove our software from your system.
3. From your desktop delete the 'PartyPoker.com' icon.
4. Open 'My Computer' and browse to "c:\". Once there delete "C:\PartyPoker.com" folder (unless you renamed it something different when you installed it the last time).
5. Still in 'My Computer', open "c:\program files" where you will see another folder called 'PartyPoker.com', delete this also.

To reinstall the software

1. Go to our website and click on "Click here to download and play now".
2. Save the setup file to the desktop.
3. Double-click on the saved setup file to start the installation procedure.
4. Follow the instructions on the screen; they will guide you through the install.
5. Once re-installed restart your computer then run the 'PartyPoker.com' icon from your desktop.

Once you have reinstalled the software you will need to add the Player Notes:

1) Close all Windows.
2) Right click on the 'PartyPoker.com' icon on the desktop.
3) Click on 'Properties'
4) Click on the 'Find Target' button
5) Right click on the 'Notes' file and click on 'Copy'. Close all the windows.
6) Right Click on the Desktop and click on 'Paste'
7) Once 'PartyPoker.com' is reinstalled, restore this file in the 'PartyPoker.com' folder.

In future if you face the same problem, please write back to us with the hand number so that we can look into int.

We thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.

Note: Please do not disclose your password to any individual/organization claiming to represent us. We will never ask you for the password to your account. If you receive any email or phone call from anyone requesting you to provide your password please report it to us immediately.

Our Customer Care Department is available 24/7 to assist you via email.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

[/ QUOTE ]