Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 04:20 PM

Default Re: Play a set of Cowboys with me ($33)

[ QUOTE ]
I also like betting the flop here. You RRed, so leading w/ a bet seems like a good idea. Hopefully villain has AK or AQ and will RR or at least call. I like to bet 2/3rds pot - make it look like a continuation bet w/ JJ or QQ.

villain's small bet seems like a weak attempt to steal the pot since you checked, I see him folding here a large amount of the time to a RR.

Not really concerned about a flush draw - especially since the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is on the board.

If I do CR, I think the RR is a LITTLE higher than I go, I like to jack it to t550 or so - I want him to call and then I push on the turn. I like a CR here if I have a read that villain will most likely bluff here - as he did. My default, as I said earlier, is to bet though.

interested to hear how the rest of the hand played out...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for all the replies. I'm still not certain of the best approach as I wanted villain to invest some chips into this pot, which I was able to do. That being said, I definately see a lot of merit into leading the flop. I often am not worried about flush draws unless I find some sign to tell me otherwise, his call on my flop raise gave me that impression.

What's interesting about the c/r, particularly if it's not an allin c/r, is the "ego-call." I find that a lot of players can't fold once they've invested some small amount into the pot. In general, that's why I like the c/r here. I never c/r with TPTK, and rarely do I c/r with 2 pair.

Anyway, I definately find some validity that a sub-pot bet here can mean oh so much more, and does disguise my hand better than a c/r.

If you want you can play the rest of the hand with me...

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (6 handed) converter

Hero (t2210)
UTG (t775)
MP (t1250)
CO (t640)
Button (t2180)
SB (t945)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls t50, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t200</font>, Button calls t150, SB folds.

Flop: (t450) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets t125</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t700</font>, Button calls t575.

Turn: (t1850) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="red"> It's your move.... </font>
Old 09-14-2005, 04:25 PM

1800+ in the pot, 1300'ish back - i vote push &amp; be done with it.

No brainer push at this point. If he has JhTh, oh wellzors.

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: (t1850) Q
It's your move....

[/ QUOTE ]

...and he pushes!
Old 09-14-2005, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
^^^ Just a bad beat post. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain showed me J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

My point of this post was not a bad beat, but to see if I'm playing flops incorrectly. I seem to have a knack for drawing in lesser hands on the flop and turn good hands into crap. Stupid Game.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
^^^ Just a bad beat post. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain showed me J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
ACK. Note villain's extremely donkish tendencies and hope you run into him often, and like the saying goes 'fire up another'.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I also like betting the flop here. You RRed, so leading w/ a bet seems like a good idea. Hopefully villain has AK or AQ and will RR or at least call. I like to bet 2/3rds pot - make it look like a continuation bet w/ JJ or QQ.

villain's small bet seems like a weak attempt to steal the pot since you checked, I see him folding here a large amount of the time to a RR.

Not really concerned about a flush draw - especially since the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is on the board.

If I do CR, I think the RR is a LITTLE higher than I go, I like to jack it to t550 or so - I want him to call and then I push on the turn. I like a CR here if I have a read that villain will most likely bluff here - as he did. My default, as I said earlier, is to bet though.

interested to hear how the rest of the hand played out...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for all the replies. I'm still not certain of the best approach as I wanted villain to invest some chips into this pot, which I was able to do. That being said, I definately see a lot of merit into leading the flop. I often am not worried about flush draws unless I find some sign to tell me otherwise, his call on my flop raise gave me that impression.

What's interesting about the c/r, particularly if it's not an allin c/r, is the "ego-call." I find that a lot of players can't fold once they've invested some small amount into the pot. In general, that's why I like the c/r here. I never c/r with TPTK, and rarely do I c/r with 2 pair.

Anyway, I definately find some validity that a sub-pot bet here can mean oh so much more, and does disguise my hand better than a c/r.

If you want you can play the rest of the hand with me...

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (6 handed) converter

Hero (t2210)
UTG (t775)
MP (t1250)
CO (t640)
Button (t2180)
SB (t945)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls t50, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t200</font>, Button calls t150, SB folds.

Flop: (t450) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets t125</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t700</font>, Button calls t575.

Turn: (t1850) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="red"> It's your move.... </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

i push here and damn did he overplay J10o!!!