Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2005, 04:39 PM

Default Re: Update on order

[ QUOTE ]
after studying the movie and capturing some images i have determined that it is a bright orange that they use on the $25. the $500's edges look pink from a distance but up close they are a tanish yellowish color. not bright yellow. and after going to the trking website this is their listed colors...
Other Colors
Pink
Purple
Gray
Tan
Off White
Gold
Light Gold
Turquoise
Light Turquoise
Light Green

we will have to see what tan and light gold look like from samples. this will probably be the best match. i am also wondering if the inlay will be too big. pokerchips.com inlays are probably smaller than the trkings and will this look too plain? alot more white will be on the chip and im worried it wont look as good.

and to get this off my chest, let me just give a big F YOU to pokerchips.com for not letting us customize the edge spots. it shows they dont give a rats ass about their customers.

[/ QUOTE ]
I actually got the colors directly from pokerchips.com for all the chips in the movie. But for KGB's the colors are:
green w/ peach, black w/ dg green, and purple with arc yellow. Also, they made a white $1 with pink and a red $5 with arc yellow for KGB's according the pokcerchips.com. However, the first scene at KGBs the red looks like they have blue spots (the reds for the Chesterfield had blue so it's possible they are using those chips). In the end, the only chips we really see are the 25, 100, and 500 which is why I decided to make the rest of the chips they way they are. Plus, a white with pink $1 would looke really ugly.
As for the inlays, I have samples from both companies and they are similar.
Still waiting on the quote...
Old 01-11-2005, 06:44 PM

i have captured many pictures from the movie. if anyone wants me to post them here please let me know.
Old 01-11-2005, 07:53 PM

Rounders Chip Pics
Old 01-11-2005, 10:35 PM

Default Prices and ordering info.

So the price per chip will be $.90 including shipping but excluding and payment fees. By payment fees I mean any escrow fees, creit card processing fees, etc. As far as customizing the depth of the edge spots it's not an option. I'm waiting on samples to decide the exact colors to use on the spots of the 25 and 500 chips, but other than that I'm ready to go.
To anyone that is serious about ordering please e-mail me at eric@rocketstar.com with the following info:
name, address, desired quantity of each denom, and let me know if you will want to pay by credit card, money order, escrow, or cash. As long as we get 5,000 chips ordered things are a go.
Old 01-11-2005, 10:56 PM

Default Re: Chip Proofs and some info

Nice Job Eric! They look really sweet. The only thing I would change would be the $5 and $1000 edge spot colors. Just not crazy about light blue and black as edge spots. Chips look sweet, otherwise. It would be interesting to see how close the TR King can get the colors.
G$
Old 01-12-2005, 12:28 AM

Default Re: Prices and ordering info.

I was hoping that i could get some help deciding how many of each denom to get. I think i will get 500 chips but i'm not completely sold on this number. Depending on how i use them this number could be too much. I play cash games for low stakes (1-2 at most) and tournaments. I expect this set to last forever though so i'm sure that i will move up in stakes as my bankroll gets higher. help is greatly appreciated.

thx

Jake
Old 01-12-2005, 01:22 AM

Excellent job - impressive so far... a couple questions.

What's the min order?... and can you order sample quantities... e.g. 2-5 of each? Probably too much of a hassle but just curious... could even offer them up for a premium, help knock down the cost per chip $0.000005 [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Looks like from the pics the $25 chip font is larger than the $100... seems unnecessary. Are planning on doing this also?

Didn't know it was the Roman-O... my least fav so maybe the TR King is a good thing.

Looks like you matched the art exactly.

Would have PM'd you but thought there might be others interested in sample quantities... maybe I should start a thread for a group buy of sample quantities... "Hey all, we can get $0.90 + S&H + fees if we can get 500..." [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks,
Fins
Old 01-12-2005, 05:28 AM

I haven't really given minimum quantities a thought. Initially I would lean towards 100 being the minimum without a little boost in price. I would be willing to send out small sample orders for an extra 5 bucks, but keep in mind that there won't really be a way to order them again unless we do so lots of 5,000. If the set really takes off I would be open to letting a poker website sell them though.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:30 AM

The fonts were all the same size except for 1,000 and 5,000 if I remember correctly.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:44 AM

Here's a suggestion that allows you to play anything from .25/.50 up to probably $40/$80 as well as a $1,000 10 man tournament.
# - chip value - total value of that denomination
30 - .25 - 7.50
260 - 1 - 260
150 - 5 - 750
50 - 25 - 1,250
50 - 100 - 5,000
10 - 500 - 5,000

During a 10 man tournament you would have each player receiving: 15 $5, 5 $25, 3 $100, and 1 $500 for a total of $1,000.
If you wanted to keep it at 500 chips then go with 210 dollars instead of 260. As long as you and your friends don't mind having some 5's and 25's you'll be just fine.