Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2004, 08:44 PM

Default Fantasy Basketball Trade Question

Alright, here's the scoop: I passionately hate basketball, and find it to be, by far, the most boring of the major sports. However, I somehow was coerced into joining a money league, so I actually have to give a damn.
Anyway...

12 teams, H2H, league counts FG%, FT%, 3ptM, 3pt%, points, Of. Reb, Reb, Assists, Stls, Blks, TOs.

I was fortunate enough to get the first pick in the draft, quickly selecting Kevin Garnett. I figured I'd never part with him, but I was just offered...
Peja Stojacantspellit, and Brad Miller
for
Kevin Garnett and David Wesley

Should I jump on this before the owner changes his mind? I should note that I'm extremely weak at Center, with the only 2 players qualifying to play there on my team being Kurt Thomas and Nesterovic.

Wish I knew more about fantasy basketball. It feels like it's a great trade and I want to jump on this before he changes his mind, but I really don't know what I'm doing, so I figured I'd ask.

Thanks in advance,
The Remdog
Old 11-10-2004, 11:06 PM

Default Re: Fantasy Basketball Trade Question

I'd keep KG and Wesley, although it's close.

KG will almost single handedly contribute to wins every game in FG%, Points, Blocks, Reb, OReb and won't affect your 3p%.

Wesely will help win at 3p% and 3pM and up your FT%.

I don't see Peja scoring as much as he did last year.

Kurt Thomas isn't bad at center, but you are pretty weak there.

Overall, I don't see Miller and Peja making up what you lose in consisitent rebound and points, along with a high FG% from KG.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:09 PM

I think it's closer than that. He's given a pretty decent offer, but try to get another upgrade imo...Garnett is worth more.
Old 11-11-2004, 12:14 AM

keep garnett. . . . peja is overrated after being top dog in sacra tomato last year. garnett is THE MAN and will pile up stats across the board. i'm kinda surprised he doesn't qualify at center. . . he may later on as i expect he will play some center at times this year based on matchups and the like. depends on the leagues qualification rules.
Old 11-11-2004, 08:04 PM

I'd definitely keep Garnett and Wesley. I think his offer of Stojakovic and Miller is decent, however, I would hold onto Garnett especially considering this is a money league.

One thing I've always been leery of is having two great players from one team as there will be some weeks when they'll play fewer games (with few exceptions a.k.a Bryant/O'Neal in the past). Also on a team like the Kings, everybody contributes so it's not like Stojakovic and Miller are the focal pieces of the offense. Most notably though for Miller and Stojakovic, Miller's numbers are obviously going to be much better than last season because Divac is gone, however, Peja's numbers won't be anything near what they were last season because Webber is finally healthy. Overall with Webber being healthy I think that itself should be enough to void this trade.

I also like Wesley a lot because he'll help you with steals and three pointers and he's shooting around 89% from the FT line. Garnett can do it all (minus the 3PT shooting) and can put up a triple double on any given night.

Kurt Thomas will do a lot of rebounding for you this year and Nesterovic should put up decent numbers.