Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2005, 08:44 PM

Default KK- flop action,NL 100 6 max

Just wanted to check my reasoning here. Sometimes it is hard to judge your action when you know what happened later in the hand..

New at the table. No reads yet other than that it is saturday evening in europe.

Stacks:

BB: 205
Hero: 100
Button:55

Party Poker (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.
1 fold, Hero bets 4, button calls SB folds and BB calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks.
Hero bets [$9].
Button raises [$18].
BB raises [$60].

Hero?
Old 12-17-2005, 08:44 PM

Default Re: KK- flop action,NL 100 6 max

hero folds this pretty easily.
Old 12-17-2005, 09:31 PM

With no reads on any of the players, I'd lay it down (with pain in my heart). You might be up against AT here, but he's representing TT with that big reraise. I'm even thinking QQ is also a possibility where he might be trying to win this pot right now as he might figure you for JJ.

But do the smart thing and lay it down.
Old 12-17-2005, 09:35 PM

If BB has a set he sucks at poker, he coulda gotten your stack here with bet/3bet. Make a note and move on.

Oh yea, easy fold.
Old 12-17-2005, 10:30 PM

Yes, i folded but thought about it a little bit. The donk factor seems to be a bit higher on saturdays so that made me think for a while, but i still thougt that it was an easy fold to. But somethimes I start questioning myself after such hands.

I post the result now since i realise that the hand does not look to interesting..

BB had K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Button had A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

And yes i realise that i am just slightly favorite(winning about 47%) over these hands. So the fold looks clear.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And yes i realise that i am just slightly favorite(winning about 47%) over these hands. So the fold looks clear.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious??? You play NL100 and you say something like this...It's a 3-way pot and you're 47% to win....Heads-up there's probably enough dead money out there already to make pushing +EV.

Is this that advanced of a concept or is this forum just not what it used to be?
Old 12-18-2005, 07:38 AM

Folding 1 pair to a re-raise and a large 3 bet raise is correct.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:42 AM

Old 12-18-2005, 08:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious??? You play NL100 and you say something like this...It's a 3-way pot and you're 47% to win....Heads-up there's probably enough dead money out there already to make pushing +EV.

Is this that advanced of a concept or is this forum just not what it used to be?

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I was writing this quite lately, so maybee i was not expressing myself clearly. Off course it is an easy push given the opponents cards. But given all the action it is hard to find any handrange that are more favorable for me than this. And I will frequently be far behind.
Button could have anything, but BB's reraise screams set. And then my hand does not look that good. I hope i play better than i write...