Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 12:50 PM

Default msu loses already

good to see that #4 ranking start off the season on the right foot.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:25 PM

Default Re: msu loses already

[ QUOTE ]
Paul Davis, who had 12 points and 11 rebounds, left the game for a second and final time with cramps with 13:27 to play. Ager, Shannon Brown and Drew Neitzel all had to leave the game at some point because of the cramps. Brown had to be removed on a stretcher with 6:36 left because of the intense pain.

"He was cramping from his neck to his feet," Izzo said. He was upset with fans behind the Michigan State bench who were booing and yelling for Brown to be dragged off the court so the game could continue.

"That's the maddest I've ever been as a coach in college," he said. "Let's just leave it at that. If we won I'd have plenty to say but I don't want to come across as a sore loser."

Izzo admitted the Spartans had a chance in the second half.

"We cut it to six and then didn't come through," he said. "It was chaos, a MASH unit after that. I've never seen anything like that."

Davis said the players drank "way more" water than usual.

"Once it started it spread," he said of the cramping.

The cramps so affected the Spartans that for a good portion of the final 10 minutes there were four freshmen on the floor at the same time.

"We're not a Top Ten team with some of the lineups we used today," Izzo said. "It's your biggest nightmare to have the freshmen out there and they're not ready to play at this caliber on the road."

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-21-2005, 07:53 PM

Any one else think after not drinking a lot of water on the plane that maybe a few of them partied the night before? No, college guys don't drink...But really, there aren't a many teams that can have this happen and still pull off the win.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:07 AM

Well if you remember last year before the season Sports Illustrated picked UNC to win the Championship. Then they went and lost their first game of the year to Santa Clara... Santa Clara! And then they won the title. Long season dude.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well if you remember last year before the season Sports Illustrated picked UNC to win the Championship. Then they went and lost their first game of the year to Santa Clara... Santa Clara! And then they won the title. Long season dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

nope just like the OP obviously did, I'm gonna go ahead and right off MSU for the rest of the year too, they won't even make the NIT, case closed
Old 11-22-2005, 01:16 AM

Look what happens when Kelvin Torbert finally uses the last of his 12th year of eligibility.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nope just like the OP obviously did, I'm gonna go ahead and right off MSU for the rest of the year too, they won't even make the NIT, case closed

[/ QUOTE ]

I had my doubts that msu is a top 5 team. top 15 I can see.

mostly suprised that izzo's guys were as unprepared as they were.