Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2005, 08:49 AM

Default Ocean Jewel Tampa

There was a thread awhile back but not much info, and it's gone now... It's been open for a couple months I think - anyone play poker there yet?

Thanks.
Old 01-20-2005, 02:12 PM

Default Re: Ocean Jewel Tampa

I've been out on the OJ twice, first time on the Wed. night before Xmas and also on New Year's Day. On the Wed. night they only had one table going, a $300max NL ring game. It went all night until 3am. Lots of action. On the New Year's Day trip almost all the poker room tables were full. Everything from limit 3-6 to 10-20 and two $300max NL cash games. Played the NL cash games for 10 hours, the overall play was better on these tables than the first time I was out there, but still lots and lots of action.

Be careful if you go, the later it gets the more crowded the shuttles get coming back and if you wait too long to register for a return shuttle you can get stuck coming back with the ship which takes close to 3 hours.
Old 01-21-2005, 07:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There was a thread awhile back but not much info, and it's gone now... It's been open for a couple months I think - anyone play poker there yet?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's the thread , but it won't help you much.

You could PM spacemonkey57 and ask him to post his experiences, if any, in this new thread.

I'm interested in reading about any <font color="red">O8/B</font> action on the boat.
Old 01-21-2005, 05:40 PM

I haven't been yet but guys I play w/ at The Hard Rock in Tampa have been and they said it is the best games you can find in Florida and there is plenty of action always.