Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2005, 03:16 AM

Default Q6o from the blinds

Hi, I've lurked here a while, this is my first post.
I don't remember any reads I might have had.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Button calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

On the flop, I felt like my hand was really vulnerable/weak with 6 people in. I used to bet out here, I think too much. Only 2 seeing the turn, and it being such a safe card, made me bolder.

I also played a very similar hand today, where no one bet the flop, my turn bet got raised, and I folded. How bad is that? I've been a little weak tight the last couple days.

Your thoughts?
Thanks.
Old 01-18-2005, 04:39 AM

Default Re: Q6o from the blinds

My inital recation was to raise the flop, but in retrospect, calling does have merit. Raising wont face anyone with 2 cold, and any better hands or drawing hands are calling, and your hand is very vulnerable.

Turn: I like leading out with top pair here, 5 is a good card, heart draws all wiffed, and you dont want it to get checked through.
I dont really know what happened to UTG but i guess he folded and that is great, i guess a small pocket pair with a heart or something. Button is clearly on a big heart.

River: Well, button probly missed their heart draw and will fold if you bet. a better queen just calls, a 10 might pay you off. a missed heart draw may bluff at it.
conlusion: check/call is a good river line.

Final analysis: well played. Interesting hand with some close/interesting decisions.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:45 AM

The converter screwed this one up. How many saw the turn?
Old 01-18-2005, 05:59 AM

3 saw the turn. One called all in on the turn, so he was counted as a player, but had no river action, I think.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:47 AM

Looks fine. Kicker stinks though and I think will often cost you the pot. UTG may have a better hand, since he's all in you can't tell.

Button may have a Ten or a Queen, looks close to me, unless he's a scaredy cat who is afraid of trips/flush/boat river checkraise!