Other 4 1.48%
Voters: 271. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-18-2005, 05:06 PM

Default Re: Who do you pick in the 2nd Round Pick FFB

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I'm the guy who voted TO. In other news, I like DD, I guess. I'm just not sure about taking him over Portis though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Portis scared a lot of people off last year -- The Skins O is ugly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. But I think they'll improve, as they did at the end of the year. That line has a ton of potetntial--if they stay healthy. BUt, yes, the WRs are a question. That Coles for Moss trade was awful dumb for the Skins and awfully [censored] great for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't agree more on the Coles/Moss deal. That was a head-scratcher. Portis still had serviceable numbers last year, but most took him top-4, where you're looking for more than serviceable. This year he'll be taken last 1st/early second in most cases, which is probably more appropriate for what you can expect for his projected performance.

[/ QUOTE ]

With 2003 Pro Bowler Jon Jansen back from injury to bolster the O-line, would Portis become more of a sleeper if there is such a thing in the 2nd round?
Old 08-18-2005, 05:13 PM

Since this league is a 1-keeper league, does that sway anyones votes? I may want to stray from keeping Jamal Lewis next year.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I'm the guy who voted TO. In other news, I like DD, I guess. I'm just not sure about taking him over Portis though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Portis scared a lot of people off last year -- The Skins O is ugly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. But I think they'll improve, as they did at the end of the year. That line has a ton of potetntial--if they stay healthy. BUt, yes, the WRs are a question. That Coles for Moss trade was awful dumb for the Skins and awfully [censored] great for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't agree more on the Coles/Moss deal. That was a head-scratcher. Portis still had serviceable numbers last year, but most took him top-4, where you're looking for more than serviceable. This year he'll be taken last 1st/early second in most cases, which is probably more appropriate for what you can expect for his projected performance.

[/ QUOTE ]

With 2003 Pro Bowler Jon Jansen back from injury to bolster the O-line, would Portis become more of a sleeper if there is such a thing in the 2nd round?

[/ QUOTE ]

While Portis certainly was affected by the O-Line problems in DC last year, it seems to me that Gibbs doesn't run a system that is suited to his abilities. To me, he's hurt more by a poor fit than personnel.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

While Portis certainly was affected by the O-Line problems in DC last year, it seems to me that Gibbs doesn't run a system that is suited to his abilities. To me, he's hurt more by a poor fit than personnel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Thats why they tried to bulk him up this year leading to a 15 lb increase. Portis is more of a cut to the outside kind of guy whereas the Gibbs system is pound them inside until they cant stand.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I may want to stray from keeping Jamal Lewis next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? He's a 25 year old stud RB? Ideal keeper material...
Old 08-18-2005, 06:30 PM

I wouldnt force the issue, but Id rather have someone on more of an Offense oriented team. Lewis is the type of player that grinds the points out in yardage. The real studs have both yardage and TD's.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldnt force the issue, but Id rather have someone on more of an Offense oriented team. Lewis is the type of player that grinds the points out in yardage. The real studs have both yardage and TD's.

[/ QUOTE ]

As Boller progresses he'll do more and more. Don't forget, Brian Billick is an offensive coach. He designed the Vikes scheme. He just hasn't had the offensive weaopns to do it in Balt yet. At least he own a Super Bowl trying.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As Boller progresses he'll do more and more. Don't forget, Brian Billick is an offensive coach. He designed the Vikes scheme. He just hasn't had the offensive weaopns to do it in Balt yet. At least he own a Super Bowl trying.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree their offense will be better this year with the addition of Mason and im sure there will be a lot of close games where they give the ball to Lewis to run the clock down. I just feel there is better keeper options if the ankle isnt healthy.