Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2005, 12:26 AM

Default 3-bet with a beautiful hand...AJs 5/10 NL

5/10 NL, though this hand feels like limit, MP has both my chips and my number about 1500 of them, he seems very tag, LP is just plain bad, I don't really know how else to describe him. I limp UTG with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and 1800 behind. MP limps with 3k, LP limps w/1k.

Flop K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

blind checks, I lead for pot (50), MP raises, LP 3-bets, I cold call (?) worried about MP.

Turn 5 (brick)

MP now leads for $100 (wtf?), LP makes it $500, I fold...

I can't see reraising preflop cause MP's minraise through me off, and then LPs 3-bet totally had me seeing stars. Flop action? I probably reraise the flop if it was anyone but MP, how much to raise?
Old 07-15-2005, 01:59 AM

Default Re: 3-bet with a beautiful hand...AJs 5/10 NL

Why not put all of your chips in on the flop when the action gets back to you? Maybe my play is a little too SuperSystem'esque, but I think that is the play. Given the way things played out, I like the fold on the turn. You can't put all your chips in here and get LP to fold, and you don't have enough to make the possibility of doubling through MP worth the $500 call.

ChewyMint
Old 07-15-2005, 02:01 AM

4 bet it.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:30 AM

Shove the flop.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:33 AM

OK, still seems "uncomfortable" putting 1600ish into a 300 pot...
Old 07-15-2005, 03:03 AM

this is no limit... you cant just say "mp raises, lp threebets"... COME ON. how much did they raise? you think thats unimportant? did they raise the minimum? i think moving in on the flop is a pretty bad idea because MP could veryvery eaisly have AQ.. seems pretty likely. i think you played it fine, although moving in and folding the flop both look pretty good, and coldcalling feels horrible, i think it mighta been alright.
you coulda really had some fun if the J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] rolled off on the turn... that wouldve been effing great.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:28 AM

He said it was played like a limit hand, they raised 50 each.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
5/10 NL, though this hand feels like limit, MP has both my chips and my number about 1500 of them, he seems very tag, LP is just plain bad, I don't really know how else to describe him. I limp UTG with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and 1800 behind. MP limps with 3k, LP limps w/1k.

Flop K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

blind checks, I lead for pot (50), MP raises, LP 3-bets, I cold call (?) worried about MP.

Turn 5 (brick)

MP now leads for $100 (wtf?), LP makes it $500, I fold...

I can't see reraising preflop cause MP's minraise through me off, and then LPs 3-bet totally had me seeing stars. Flop action? I probably reraise the flop if it was anyone but MP, how much to raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one thinking that a flop overbet looks good here? Something like $100-$150. If you get raised here, you can stick it all in the middle and never be crushed, and often be quite ahead (with a lot of folding equity). If you get flat called, you can't be ecstatic about it, but you are going to have a reasonable amount of info on opponents if they flatcall the overbet, with such a scary and draw-heavy board.

As it plays out, I get really confused. You have to fold the turn, obviously.

-Todd
Old 07-15-2005, 05:18 AM

uhhm v AQ or even a set is fairly crushed in my book

what else is calling an all in

yes the fold equity is nice
Old 07-15-2005, 06:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
uhhm v AQ or even a set is fairly crushed in my book

what else is calling an all in

yes the fold equity is nice

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero is 43:57 against the made straight. Thats not that crushed in my book... Hero is indeed looking pretty poorly against a set (like a little better than 2:1), but do we think villain is going to call with a set considering the action, save perhaps top set?

(The idea, obviously, is that you aren't getting called. I think you can weed out a lot of hands that beat you while snagging a decent pot . . . And I think AQ can only stay in against that action, in which case you aren't that bad off. Hopefully, you just pick it up)

Of course, i'm just learning Hold 'Em (I'm a PLO player), so I don't know much anyway [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

-Todd