Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2005, 06:17 PM

Default Question on suggested stud bankroll requirements

Hi Stud forum, I'm typically a NLHE tournament player who dabs in PLO8 from time to time, but started out with Stud back when I was a kid. I'm just inquiring what the suggested bankroll would be in terms of big bets to handle the swings that I may get. I'm currently starting out at the .25-.50 game, but will be moving up once I get back into the swing of things.

I apologise if this has been asked before, I'll also note that I plan on soon adding the Ray Zee, Sklansky, and Malmuth book to my collection as reccomended in the FAQ post. I'd rather be an all around good player at all the games, plus it helps me out on poker night with the boys [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks for your time!

EDIT: Just glanced thru and saw it reccomends 300BBs so that would be about $150 for that game, and $300 for the .50-1 game. Sorry bout that, I do plan on posting some hands soon though to try to improve my stud game.

My next question would be would it be better to learn at the .25-.50 stage with .05 antes, or at the .50-1 stage with .05 antes?