Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 12:29 AM

Default AK hits TPTK and I get lost, HELP!

OK one more and I will quit posting for the night. Had a great run tonight and ran into a few of those hands that really got me lost. This was one of them. Usually I get lost when my AK misses?

Button was passive, I didn't notice that he was doing anything out of line up to this point. PT had him at 27/4/0.6

MP3 was the same. PT 30/5/0.5

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

standard pfr

Flop: (7.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, Button calls.

A little coordiated but not a bad flop. I pfr, TPTK, bet out. I assmume this is pretty standard.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Ah, the set c/r. Or maybe AQ. As passive as he was, I figured he had me beat. Fold here, or hope for my two outer, which could be dead already?

River: (11.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, Button checks.

Checks through???? If the button raises, do I fold here?

Final Pot: 11.25 BB

All comments appreciated.

mitch
Old 10-20-2005, 12:31 AM

Default Re: AK hits TPTK and I get lost, HELP!

I would probably play it exactly the same.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:31 AM

Looks good.

edit- Button has J6?
Old 10-20-2005, 12:42 AM

Perhaps you posted the hand wrong or perhaps I'm blind but you have a flush draw on the turn to go with your TPTK why the heck would you fold???
Old 10-20-2005, 12:49 AM

With the flush draw folding the turn would be very bad. And I can't see 3-betting against this guy, given his stats. Ni' han
Old 10-20-2005, 12:51 AM

Very good point, I think I did realize that when I was playing the hand, but missed it when I was writing it up. To be honest, I may have been a little blinded by the raise and missed it, but I usually don't.

With the missed flush, do you make the river call?
Old 10-20-2005, 12:54 AM

What 2-outer are you refering to??? you have 9 outs to nut flush, and 4 outs to the nut straight might want to only count 3 outs here since you could split the pot if a Q fell, 2 outs to flop the nut set again might want to discount 1 out for the losing to a straight, so you have at least 13 outs which gives you 2.54 to 1 odds....the pot odds are 4 to 1 so its a good call on the turn....I would think the button might of flopped a straight, or got 2pair or a set on the turn...if you really think he has on of those three hands than the river T didnt really help unless he had 2pair so a check isnt too bad to me....
Hades18
Old 10-20-2005, 01:00 AM

I'd play this the same.

With button's PF cold-call/turn raise, I wouldn't want to bet out the river, but with the flush draw, and then improving to two pair on the river with a good-sized pot, I'd certainly be calling down.