Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 07:44 PM

Default Empire VIP TV

Mine finally arrived today. I received the email from Empire about 6 weeks ago telling me I had earned it, but they had some shipping delays (they were very good about keeping me up-to-date with the status).

It's pretty nice. 27 inch Sony FD Trinitron WEGA. Only 3 more years for the Vegas trip!
Old 09-28-2005, 12:27 AM

Default Re: Empire VIP TV

Yep, I made the Royal Flush Club on July 1st, and amazingly I still haven't received my welcome gift. I've e-mailed them at least 3 times and the latest e-mail I received said there printer was down so they couldn't print off any more royal flush ID cards. Sounds like a bunch of BS to me, I'm skeptical that I'll even get the watch or TV when I get enough points.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yep, I made the Royal Flush Club on July 1st, and amazingly I still haven't received my welcome gift. I've e-mailed them at least 3 times and the latest e-mail I received said there printer was down so they couldn't print off any more royal flush ID cards. Sounds like a bunch of BS to me, I'm skeptical that I'll even get the watch or TV when I get enough points.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the same story but sure enough the watch arrived and then the TV (JVC 28" widescreen - nice).

chez
Old 09-28-2005, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like a bunch of BS to me, I'm skeptical that I'll even get the watch or TV when I get enough points.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the watch in Feb or Mar. I had no idea I had earned it (same thing with the TV). In August, they sent me an email saying I had earned a TV and making sure they had my address right for shipping. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble getting the watch, but I'm sure you'll get it eventually.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:59 AM

How many points do you need for a watch and tv? I don't have those options on the online store. All they show under electronics is an IPOD for 19000 points. I've been on empire for less than a month and have 550 accumulated so it looks I'm on one year plan-wow, lots of play!
Old 09-28-2005, 05:48 AM

click on 'royal-flush club'.

they aren't in the store...they are 'gifts' they give you when you reach 15k and 25k points.
you don't spend any of your points to get them though.

more important at the 15k point mark (the royal flush club) is that you get a FREE $100 month just for making a $1k deposit.
It is direct cash...you don't have to clear any raked-hands or anything.
The watch is okay (about $150 retail I believe) but isn't exactly the end-all-be-all.

The TV is pretty decent though.
Most Americans get the 27" Sony Trinitron (assuming you don't live in the boonies and they have to pay a ton to ship it to you).
I'm watching CNN morning news on my FREE Tv right now!!
Old 09-28-2005, 11:28 AM

ahhhh haaa. Thanks. Do they count the overall amount of points I've accumulated throughout the lifetime of the account including the ones I may have spent to buy other merchandise? In other words, let's say that I reach 5,000 points, but decide to buy a shirt that day and spend a few hundred, do I now need to "make up" those points to total 5,000?

Too bad you can't 8 table.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
spend a few hundred, do I now need to "make up" those points to total 5,000?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. "Spent" points don't affect the accumulation of points for the rewards.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll get it. It's a [censored] nice watch actually.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:09 PM

Is this the TV you received from Empire?

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=KV27HS420&Dept=tvvideo&Ca tegoryName=tv_size_13"to27"