Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which was your favorite hand - from the way it was played, to the comments about it?
66 v 34s 9 11.39%
46s v 22 23 29.11%
65o v T6o 43 54.43%
AJs v K8s 1 1.27%
A9s v QQ 2 2.53%
One I forgot to mention (please list) 1 1.27%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-2005, 10:14 PM

Default Re: A tough spot w a big pretty flop

this was a full game DOTT, I forgot to mention that.
Old 03-02-2005, 10:14 PM

Let's examine the situation for a minute.

First of all, giving BB the benefit of the doubt I don't think he will call a raise OOP with QJ. So what is his range of hands here? The 3 most likely hands are to be AK, TT, and 99, with an outside chance of AA and KK. If he has a set you are more than a 2-1 dog. If he has AK you are obviously in great shape but I don't think he would opt to go for the check-raise with just TPTK on a board like that. If he has you beat then you are pretty much drawing to a flush and he could have re-draws. I know it's tough but I think you have to fold here, getting incorrect odds to draw to the flush. Also keep in mind that if he has a set and a heart drops on the turn after you call, he could easily put you on your exact hand and fold his set.
Old 03-02-2005, 10:22 PM

QJ is less likely, but there are more combos of it, and most okay playing NL players wont fold QJs here, well some wont anyways, and since i dont have a read, I wouldnt completely disregard that as a possibility.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:06 PM

Well if we add QJ to the range of his holdings doesn't that only strengthen the argument for folding? QJ leaves you with 8 or 9 outs depending on if he has a heart.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:53 PM

Sorry, but against a player who's put in a third of his stack on a check-raise against a UTG+1 raise on a K high board, I assume two pair at worse-call and get your stack in if you hit an ace or a flush on the turn. Even if he has a set or straight you'll have 13 outs, and if you don't hit two pair or a flush muck the turn.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Even if he has a set or straight you'll have 13 outs

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, I might be a bit slow. How does Hero have 13 outs against a set or a straight?

- Kripke
Old 03-03-2005, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Even if he has a set or straight you'll have 13 outs

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, I might be a bit slow. How does Hero have 13 outs against a set or a straight?

- Kripke

[/ QUOTE ]

If as the above poster described Hero hits an A on the turn, he now has two A outs, two K outs, and the remaining nine heart outs against the set. I think that's what he was getting at.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:34 AM

well the poll is overwhelmingly in favor of a reraise all in, yet the responses (which have been good, ty) are more split in their decision.

hopefully Jason, turnip, bruiser and a couple of others can give their thoughts.

thanks so far.

fsuplayer
Old 03-03-2005, 12:40 AM

do you have any folding equity on a raise all in? i don't think so, except maybe against a specific player you do. they seem pretty strong to me, i'd acll the flop hope to hit something, and then play for stacks. if no hit on the turn then fold and save yourself some money by not going all in on the flop. if there is doubt though and he might fold to an all in or maybe be doing something crazy with a pair and a straight draw then all in flop. my guess is that if you go all in on flop then youa re getting all your money in with worst of it.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:58 AM

i call for the same reasons. i would check the turn no matter what comes -- if you hit the heart or an ace, you can checkraise all-in.