Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 11:01 AM

Default Re: AJo...Standard??

[ QUOTE ]

I don't think there's much value in 3-betting the turn. Similarly, you're not going to fold these players, so the raise protects nothing. I'd just call to close the turn action (2 bets that *could* be used to showdown).

[/ QUOTE ]

The turn is about value. Not about protection or forcing them out. 3betting the turn is good here.

edit: I should say that I think hero played this hand well.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:06 AM

Ok. I'll play around with Poker Stove.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok. I'll play around with Poker Stove.

[/ QUOTE ]

I look at it in the way that the only hand that I'm realistically afraid of seeing from villain is TT. When he caps the turn KQ becomes more likely. But hands like AT, JT, A8 and very likely some other weaker hands (since we have no read on villain) are possible.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:30 AM

The reason why I posted this hand is primarily about the turn 3bet (secondarily - the river fold). I thought about it for a good few seconds.

I think there's always time to pause when a blank\semi-blank falls on the turn and someone comes to life. If it's HU there isn't that much cause for alarm and 3betting is very easy. But when raised into a field or even worse check-raised into a field, you have to give villian credit for a hand (95% of the time).

In this case, it was either Q9, or 2pr. I discounted KJ and set slowplays, due to the 2flush board. There was a possibility of K9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] as well. With so many more 2pr combinations than set, Q9, K9s, I raised for value.

As I pointed out in my response to DJames, realising that the 3bet is not automatic, just because I've got 2pr will save me chip spewing in the future. Whatever equity you think you had on the flop should be discounted in these situations. Sometime this drop in equity means your turn 3bet is -EV.

I'm sure in this situation my turn 3bet was +EV.

FWIW. Results in white.
<font color="white">
MP2 has Q9 for the str8 on the turn.
Button has AT for the rivered full house.</font>
Old 11-07-2005, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

This one I can't agree with.
If you're only prepared to raise AQ and better in EP, you're giving away far too much information. AJ I like to limp 20%, raise 80%.

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon this is 1/2 at Party.