Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 08:25 PM

Default Self Checkout Lanes

I frequently use these at the grocery store, because 1. I don't buy that much [censored] when i go to the grocery, and 2. It's fast and I don't have to wait in line (usually).

I don't find them particularly hard to use. You use the touch screen, you scan your item, you put it in the bag. Easy.

I find though, when i do have to wait for the next available lane, people take FOREVER to do this, and can't figure out how the machine works. If you are too stupid to figure out how to scan an item and put it in a bag, please, go play in traffic.

Does anyone else find this frustrating? Or am I the only one who uses these things so I don't get stuck behind the old jew at the grocery?
Old 11-27-2005, 08:28 PM

Default Re: Self Checkout Lanes

The old jew??? is that some kind of new cereal?

But yes, I can use them super quick, others suck, and I have to wait forever while they stare blankly at the screen, and the [censored] attendent has to come over 12 times to help them. Another good thing about these things, you can scan your own coupons...and if you learn about barcodes and such, its easy to get a bottle of whiskey for 1.00$

[ QUOTE ]
Or am I the only one who uses these things so I don't get stuck behind the old jew at the grocery?

[/ QUOTE ]
It sounds like that happens anyway. <font color="white">Does this make me racist too?</font>

I've only seen them at the Stop &amp; Shop near my school (in Amherst) and I rarely if ever see anybody else using them. I use them when I have a couple of items and no, they're not hard to use.

I guess people in Amherst have figured out that they don't know how to use them so they won't try.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and if you learn about barcodes and such, its easy to get a bottle of whiskey for 1.00$

[/ QUOTE ]
Explain how...
Old 11-27-2005, 08:30 PM

i few years ago when i worked at home depot i would run these sometimes. people were so stupid they didnt see where the bills came out, and would often forget it. that was cool.

i try to not use them. i used to when they were newer, but now i see that they are actually slower. unless there is a line at a real register and an available self checkout, i just use the real register.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The old jew??? is that some kind of new cereal?

[/ QUOTE ]

you've obviously never seen american splendor
Old 11-27-2005, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and if you learn about barcodes and such, its easy to get a bottle of whiskey for 1.00$

[/ QUOTE ]
Explain how...

[/ QUOTE ]

You find an item, that has a coupon. A lot of times jack daniels will put a 1.00$-5$ off coupon on a bottle, for your next purchase. You get barcode creation software (easy to find), you alter the numbers at teh bottom of the barcode ...ie

230482 003 9080011

the 003 is the amount of the coupon, in this case 3$, you then alter that to say, 015 (15$), and then you print them up. You can really only do this at the self checkouts becasue its suspicious otherwise.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Explain how...

[/ QUOTE ]

You find an item, that has a coupon. A lot of times jack daniels will put a 1.00$-5$ off coupon on a bottle, for your next purchase. You get barcode creation software (easy to find), you alter the numbers at teh bottom of the barcode ...ie

230482 003 9080011

the 003 is the amount of the coupon, in this case 3$, you then alter that to say, 015 (15$), and then you print them up. You can really only do this at the self checkouts becasue its suspicious otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not just put it in your pocket and bypass the self checkout line? It's free that way.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:41 PM

I guess because you cant fit a grocery cart full of [censored] in your pants. Ive only done this once, to see if it worked though, it did. It is fairly easy to get "caught" because the attendents watch the purchases (sometimes).