Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2005, 01:51 PM

Default 5/10 Party; Freeroll, maybe not, perhaps rolled myself

All opponents were pretty much loose passive. I had been running hot and playing hot. I'm nearly certain that the big blind had hatred in his heart with regard to me and my play. I cannot recall any other pertinent game conditions. Well, this went down today.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (22 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 26 BB

On the turn, my thoughts were, "I'm rolling you boys, and you don't know it."

Of course I entertained the possibility that I too was getting rolled.

Then I considered the fact that I might not have the best hand. Okay, just because the big blind so badly wants to throttle you doesn't mean he can't have the goods. But I really thought that he simply was blinded by his hand and desire to beat me.

On the river, prudence took hold.

Yes, this is a rare situation. But I strive to be ready for them when they occur and analyze them when they do.
Old 12-17-2005, 02:21 PM

Default Re: 5/10 Party; Freeroll, maybe not, perhaps rolled myself

How could you have been freerolling the turn when you didn't have a flush draw, and only held the 2nd nuts? I think I just call the BB's 3bet, you are either splitting with him, or you he has you beat.
Old 12-17-2005, 02:23 PM

A K gives him a better straight. Of course you could have been behind already (KT) and against a flush draw. Need to be more aware.
Old 12-17-2005, 02:31 PM

not everyone has a ten on the turn, so capping might be okay here

in general though, capping cause you think you're freerolling is spewing. you don't gain that much from Tx when they put in a bet, but KT gets almost every piece of every bet that goes into the pot