Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 08:45 AM

Default Valuebet!

I have now played 6-max for almost half a year with different result. Started out the first 30K hands with a +2BB/100 at 3/6. After 80K its down to +0.3BB/100 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. One obvious reason is that I now mostly play more tables than before and hasn’t adjusted accordingly. But aside from that I have one big leak (I think). My aggression is to low on the river (1.36) and I has to figure out where I should valuebet more.

Is this river a clear bet??

CO is 42/6/1.86 over 166 hands.

Ultimate Bet 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 8 BB
Old 12-14-2005, 08:53 AM

Default Re: Valuebet!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure is.

EDIT:
Wow I looked at this again and somehow completely misread the turn action the first time... (I think the title led my eyes right to the river).

A stop and go makes no sense to me here at all. If we are betting again it should certainly be on the turn and I think theres some good reasons to do so. The straight is pretty unlikely even for this guy. We can feel pretty good about folding to any further raises given the flop texture. Finally, villian is aggressive enough to bet many hands we beat or draws we are ahead of.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:00 AM

No, but the turns a tempting fold.

7:1 to call, i guess we'll win 16% or so.

He probably something like A8o and wants a "free SD" or A7o after that river action.

p.s. i just lost 40BB so im feeling a tad weak tight, please excuse me. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2005, 09:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure is.

[/ QUOTE ]

whys that then? Can you provide reasoning to your one liners. One liners are worthless.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Sure is.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a clear bet if we knew he was going for a free showdown, but we don't. Can you explain why you would donk this river?
Old 12-14-2005, 09:59 AM

No it's not. You just got raised on the turn and you are in a call-down mode. Why yould you bet the river?
Old 12-14-2005, 10:05 AM

Did they raise the rake during the timespan of which you speak?

With regard to the hand:
It's much easier to state this given the river action, but still, the turn must be threebet. The turn shall be threebet. The river card will come, unless you are capped.

Sometimes we need simple reminders. Because you took the course you did, I will offer you one:

He doesn't know what cards you have.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:19 AM

I would suggest 3-betting the turn and taking it from there.
If it gets capped i think your in trouble...though im not sure i have the will to fold.
I would probably go into calldown mode at that point hoping he has something like 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], though i dont mind a fold.

As you didnt 3-bet the turn i see no reason to donk the river...so the river check is ok.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:24 AM

So this should be threebeted on the turn even if there is 3 to a flush on the board? And if capped should I fold?

P.S Thanks for the info regarding the rake [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I play now at a diffrent pokerroom where the rake could have more impact hence the lesser BB/hour. I will check it out
Old 12-14-2005, 10:26 AM

Cut off the action once you check the river.

And I hope that different pokerroom isn't pokerroom, if so that explains the almost 2BB/100 drop in winrate.