Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2005, 05:31 PM

Default 3.5 bets cold to AKo

Most of these players have small sample sizes (less than 30) except for the lag.

A reasonable guy who hasn't raised much raises UTG, two cold calls by bad players. A super-lag three-bets, and an LPP (40/2/0.5: 30 hands) caps it on the button. I'm in the SB.

Do I call or fold?
Old 09-08-2005, 05:42 PM

Default Re: 3.5 bets cold to AKo

I guess it's the LP-P you're concerned with, and he could be doing that with QQ right? I'd call but I'm not confident. I think you're ahead of UTG and LA-A or at least tied.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:45 PM

The LPP's cap has me leaning toward fold. The sample size is pretty small, but I can't think of much that a LPP caps with here that doesn't A. Remove two of our outs (AK.) Totally kills us (AA) or pretty much kills us. (KK) He could also have QQ, but a very passive player might not cap here with it. The pot will obviously be huge, but.. god damn.

With a stronger read I definately fold. With a weaker read I probably fold. (Read as in I've observed his play, not just relying on PT stats.)

If LPP had raised, LAG had 3 bet and Reasonable player had capped, I definately call here though.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:48 PM

Fold.

You are out of position, LPP most likely has a pair, and if UTG and superLAG has Ax or Kx some of your cards are dead. I don't think you have the equity to call here.

I have folded AK in some no limit games where people have gone in with A7 and AJ etc. 3-way, it is just a strange thing, but I think it is still correct to fold.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:50 PM

I think this is one of those rare times I might consider a fold here. If it was AKs I would call. Even if we hit an A or K on the flop, our equity probably isn't going to be huge against this large field. That being said, I probably call in the heat of the moment.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:51 PM

I think a fold here is ok. I think the fact that you are playing OOP leans me towards folding.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:53 PM

-We're probably behind, and judging from a passive player capping we could be way behind
-We're out of position
-We're almost certainly paying two bets to see the turn if we don't pair on the flop
-We can't really call down with Ace-high, but the action indicates that at least some of our cards are probably in other people's hands
-AKo isn't much of a multiway hand
-There's not much difference between cold-calling a cap from the SB and calling four cold

I'm thinking fold.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:54 PM

I have folded AK in some no limit games where people have gone in with A7 and AJ etc. 3-way, it is just a strange thing, but I think it is still correct to fold.

This implies that you folded the best hand so I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold.

You are out of position,

[/ QUOTE ]

This deserves mention. If it were a LPA betting here, then it wouldn't be so bad being in the SB in this hand, because I have some chance of facing the field with two bets cold when I'm not way behidn. With an LPP, though, if he has QQ and a K flops, he's not betting.

However, in this hand, the pot is getting inflated enough that facing them with two cold on the flop won't really matter.

So, yes, our position sucks, but it doesn't always have to be that way just because we're in the SB.

[ QUOTE ]

LPP most likely has a pair, and if UTG and superLAG has Ax or Kx some of your cards are dead. I don't think you have the equity to call here.

[/ QUOTE ]

No limit it all depends on stack sizes.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if UTG and superLAG has Ax or Kx some of your cards are dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's probably the most significant reason to fold.