Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 10:29 AM

Default Re: Valuebet!

You mean i shouldnt check/call the river which is something I probably would have done if he bet the river [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2005, 10:29 AM

I don't see how you can value bet after getting raised on the turn when you're out of position. His turn raise actually served as your river value bet when a non [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] falls.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:04 AM

I haven't played cash games on UB in some time if that means anything to you, but I find it very hard to believe that a person with those stats would cap that board given your action without a hand that crushes JJ. I would have had to observed some serious stuff on his part to continue. Folks rarely cap lightly.

The threeflush is what enables this type of player to make these kinds of moves. Thwart them. Not only will you gain in this situation, but you will earn respect. He likely won't try to mess with you in these kinds of spots, and that's worth money too.

Look into the mind of the LAG. He takes pleasure in pushing around those he labels as timid - sometimes it yields him profit; sometimes, though he loses the hand, he takes satisfaction in simply slowing someone down. He sees it as a victory. That's what he gets for the money he gives you.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You mean i shouldnt check/call the river which is something I probably would have done if he bet the river [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

He means you should leave off the villians river action as influences responses(i.e. i think you should 3bet the turn but is that because I know he took the free showdown?). You wanted to know what to do on the river so it should read:

River:
Hero ???? (the end)