Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 01:35 PM

Default Re: Difference in attitude based on where th BR is and how it got there.

Is it the bankroll issue or is there another factor in there? I recall other posters talking about differences between online and BM play. Often they complain they are more comfortable playing online (like yourself). Unlike you however, they did not cite bankroll worries as the source of their problems. Most advice suggested that it is likely that they play more online than live, and thus are more comfortable playing online. Might this be the case with yourself? Just something else to think about. If not, then I have served you no purpose and I apologize. If so however, I would suggest (again taken from other read posters) that you play live games more often until you reach that comfort zone. Good luck.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:04 PM

Default Re: Difference in attitude based on where th BR is and how it got ther

[ QUOTE ]
Start treating it all as one bankroll. Say you only need 100BB in each site at any one time (depends how many tables you play, etc). Just keep 150BB at each site. Cash out to neteller everytime it gets above 200, or cash in everytime it is below 100.

In this way you stop treating the bankroll at different sites as a different entity, and just as one big thing. Only keep mental track of your bankroll as a whole. E.g. don't even think about how much is in each site, except for cashing in/out. Just look at your days wins/losses overall.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice, but how do you suggest I do that? I already stated that that was a problem. You simplify it to a discipline problem, which is not what I think it is.

In effect, it is as if I had stated:

"I can't stop beating my wife, how can I stop?"

And your reply was:

"It's easy. All you have to do is stop beating your wife."

- mosquito
Old 10-19-2005, 02:08 PM

Default Re: Difference in attitude based on where th BR is and how it got there.

[ QUOTE ]
Is it the bankroll issue or is there another factor in there? I recall other posters talking about differences between online and BM play. Often they complain they are more comfortable playing online (like yourself). Unlike you however, they did not cite bankroll worries as the source of their problems. Most advice suggested that it is likely that they play more online than live, and thus are more comfortable playing online. Might this be the case with yourself? Just something else to think about. If not, then I have served you no purpose and I apologize. If so however, I would suggest (again taken from other read posters) that you play live games more often until you reach that comfort zone. Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never stated any preference between online or B+M. I have no problems playing, as long as it is within my bankroll. The issue is what the bankroll is percieved to be versus what it actually is. There is some legitimacy to this as far as funds availability goes, but less than my mind is making it out to be.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:40 AM

mos-

Do you think grinding it out at a low limit and building a little that way would allieviate your poker bug?

Just a thought. I know it sounds like fun [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Hope you're doing better.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
mos-

Do you think grinding it out at a low limit and building a little that way would allieviate your poker bug?

Just a thought. I know it sounds like fun [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Hope you're doing better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay. I played some .02-.04 Omaha High just for kicks. Made a $1 in 20 minutes, what a blast. Now that I've alleviated my bug, it would still be nice to get a real solution to a real problem.

I don't know why people read between the lines, when there is nothing between the lines to read. Maybe my expression is poor, but I tried to state the problem as succinctly as possible. Anticipating other things that may or may not be going on in my life does not respond to the OP.

No matter how well intentioned.

But thanks for trying, anyhow.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:50 PM

Actually, I think I may have a solution for myself.

I'm going to go with a consolidation thing, not spreading my bankroll around quite as much. The individual piles will be that much larger, and should ease the (imaginary) problem.

It would be nice to have the option to find 'good games' at more than one or two sites though.