Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2005, 01:26 AM

Default I don\'t know how wrong this was, but I know it wasn\'t right. PP20/40

Party Poker 20/40, Full Table.

First time I have played with the villain, and I don't have much of a read on him, except to say that he has moved me off a hand recently after I raised the whole way with TT and an Ace came on the river, and he donked it. After about 30 seconds, I folded, so maybe he thinks he can push me around. I just don't know...definitely on the aggressive side, though.

On to the hand:

MP raises, Villain cold calls from Cutoff, and I call in the big blind with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. 3 to the flop.

Flop is K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I check, planning to call the flop and checkraise any non-scary on the turn. MP bets, Villain Raises, and I decide to reraise. MP folds, Villain Caps, and I call.

Turn is K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I check and call?

River is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], and I checked again.

This just felt extrememly weak at the time, and as I type up the hand, it even seems worse. Do I ever stop betting here, or can I sleep at night knowing that am I doing a good job of allowing him to hang himself?