Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 10:38 PM

Default Tournament Format

I am going to be playing in a 100$ NLHE tournament this upcoming weekend at a friends house.We have some very very new players to the game coming, and to be totally honest, I expect nothing but 1st unless I get a real bad beat laid on me. These players don't really like the way we run our tournaments which is for 16 people, 2 tables of eight until 4 are left which then we create the final table. There are like 5 of the 16 people that dont like it. Dont ask why because I dont know, but they are all the new guys. Me and my more experienced friends decided that its best to give them their way considering they are such dead money we want the coming back. Can anyone suggest a new format for 16 people that someone could have fun with even if they were losing their money in ridiculous fashion. This is very important considering its 100$ every week and 500 dollars of dead money a week can turn very profitable.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:41 PM

Default Re: Tournament Format

what don't they like about it?
Old 10-16-2005, 10:42 PM

Default Re: Tournament Format

ur table cant fit 10? combine when theres 10 people left and even out the tables, like 7 on one and 5 on other before it gets too 10. draw a card too see who moves or the person in the seat 7 goes to other table because person who just busted was in seat 7.