Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 12:29 AM

Default QQ floats on the Turn -- sinking on the River?

Villain is rockish, but not a confident read. He's like 5/5/.67 or something like that... only ~30 hands and I didnt' stay at the table long enough to get a real read on him.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (12 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero...

Is there any reasonable K hand that villain could have besides AK? I think we can basically discount KQ or KJs, AJ is possible and AQ is possible, however unlikely... trying to think what non K hand is 3 betting PF, c/r'ing the Turn. I guess ATs is a possible holding as well...

So, reasonable holdings that I can think of - AQ, AJ, ATs, lastly AK. Any others? What is your action - value bet? Check behind? If we bet, we have to call a raise IMHO and I don't think we're going to like it.
Old 09-07-2005, 01:09 AM

Default Re: QQ floats on the Turn -- sinking on the River?

Bet it &amp; call a raise. There are many hands that you have beaten that will call you here.
Old 09-07-2005, 01:12 AM

He could have so much that you beat here, I definitely bet and call a raise.
Old 09-07-2005, 01:20 AM

Can you guys think of specific hands that villain is 3 betting PF and c/r'ing the Turn w/ that we are good against at showdown? What about hands villain raises w/ on the River?
Old 09-07-2005, 01:25 AM

1010, AJ, the hands you listed to start with. Then we get into what a not so bright player may call with here and if the guy is slightly LAG he might 3-bet with something dumb like J10s. Maybe I give too much or too little credit for 3/6 play - I haven't played that limit for a while. I just got 3-bet with the "auto" button tonight by J10s in the SB when I raised from the CO. This was 10/20.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and if the guy is slightly LAG he might 3-bet with something dumb like J10s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villian is not LAG he's a passive rock (based hero's very small sample size).

Looks like villian has AA or AK - can't think of any other logical holdings he would have based on his stats and the action. I would check behind. If you had more hands on him and his numbers were the same/similar, I would bet and fold to a raise.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you had more hands on him and his numbers were the same/similar, I would bet and fold to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

really? even whit a boat getting 15:1?