Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2005, 05:04 AM

Default Re: to all Internet pros

most people dont chat, dont ask me why because most people only play 1 table so they got PLENTY of time. I totally agree, most players online are boring. You hit a royalstraightflush and noone even says: "nh". Since most arent there to make money I dont get it.

In my opinion, many of the ones that chat and are friendly are playing hours each day at multiple tables.

But some of the pros never ever chat. I think thats a bit sick. This is your work, you do it every day, but you dont want to say hi to people u meet everyday and u dont want to comment on things that happens like once a week or so (someone hitting a roylastraightflush or a runnerrunner 4ofakind). You are just a machine making money.
Old 09-05-2005, 05:13 AM

I totally agree with your sentiments, basically these people are arrogant and they think that you and other people like you will be around forever, and take any level of bad manners they wish to throw at you. They don't realise that online is the same as live in that you have to make the game fun for people who play for leisure if you want them to keep coming back. This total lack of decorum is the main reason online poker (esp NL games) will dry up and become almost impossible to beat, unless you are top class. The games are full of adolecent gimps who are surley when they win, and insult you if they lose, how much fun is that.

Regards Mack
Old 09-05-2005, 05:21 AM

try to look at your question from a pro's point of veiw. he/she is playing ungodly hours per week on 4-8+ tables for 5-6 days per week. thats why its called a grind. (this excludes the lucky few have the bankrolls to play high limits for part time and still make a living.) the players often dont have time to say NH but instead are focused on all the other events happening. like another poster stated, some have their chat off because more often than not, chat is insults, swearing, pointless table coaching, and other dribble.

another thing to consider is this: perhaps the some of pro's are introverts. they dont want to socialize.

so IMHO, chatting is a personal preference. why do you try to impose your style on others? if you want chat, go to a chat room. start a home game or do B&M. your small contribution will not be missed, others are standing in line.

tc
Old 09-05-2005, 06:34 AM

"If I am the way you make money why not try and make me happy?"

Because you are an addicted fish. I could play with the naked body of Martin Short as my avatar and you will still come to the table because you need your fix.

-Michael
Old 09-05-2005, 06:38 AM

I rarely chat b/c Its hard playing 3-5 nl tables at once

If I do chat it might be over some crazy hand or if someone says something really funny, but for me to chat I have to be entertained
Old 09-05-2005, 07:52 AM

I sometimes chat when my tables are quiet..sometimes I sing songs and type in the lyrics. Im actually suprised how little people react to this. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-05-2005, 08:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You are just a machine making money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish.
Old 09-05-2005, 08:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I sometimes chat when my tables are quiet..sometimes I sing songs and type in the lyrics. Im actually suprised how little people react to this. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do the same with Saul William's lyrics sometimes, in NLHE tourneys. Fun stuff. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-05-2005, 09:09 AM

I must be one of those minority pro players then, as I strive to chat when I think it is appropriate. I always try to complement people on good hands when I see them, and *always* say "ty" when somebody complements a hand of mine. I try to keep things light wherever I can, and I actually do enjoy a nice conversation when it comes up (which is fairly rare). I've on occassions actually dropped a table or two when an interesting conversation came up, just so I could keep up.

Only thing I refuse to discuss is poker strategy at the tables. When somebody asks me why I raised or didn't raise, I rarely answer the question, or deflect it somewhere else. That is pretty much my only rule, as I refuse to educate people while playing.

I can't say I always catch everything, more than once I've missed Royal Flushes on a table because I was involved in a pot on another and by the time I see it it's the next hand is nearly over. But that is the price I pay for multi-tabling.

I never really understood the pro players who act like asses when they win (insulting you for playing a hand that lost), and then insult your playing abilities when you win too. There are quite a few out there that I run into on a regular basis, and I'm nearly at the point where I just move to another table - they are so toxic I rarely see fish hang around more than a couple of orbits with them on. Now that is something I don't get at all.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"If I am the way you make money why not try and make me happy?"

Because you are an addicted fish. I could play with the naked body of Martin Short as my avatar and you will still come to the table because you need your fix.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

and the pot calls the kettle black [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]