Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2005, 09:36 PM

Default A pair of flop CR\'s

First hand at Table, so I have the usual 70$ in 1/2 full ring at pacific.

I have T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in BB. 3 unknowns limp. Pot 8$

Flop T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
-- I check, UTG bets 6$, MP calls, button calls, I raise to 24$-- planning on shoving any turn. Standard?

Hand #2
I've been at the table a while now, and have built my way up to 125$. UTG is a donk with 64$ at the start, and UTG+2 has me covered. SB is irrelevant.

UTG+2 is kinda LAG/loose passive. He bets passively (as in small amounts), but does bet quite a bit. he raises too often preflop, so his hand range is wide.

Hero has 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]UTG+1. Donk limps, I limp, Villian(UTG+2) raises to 8$, SB calls, donk calls, I call.

Pot 32$
Flop 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
-- Check, check, check, Villian bets 12$, Donk calls, I CR to 58, Villian pushes, donk folds, I call.

Do both of these play themselves? Results to follow.

Any alternate line suggestions? Leading seemed like a bad idea in hand #1, because that was a safe board. I thought about leading in #2, but I wasn't sure UTG+2 would raise, and I knew I could commit more money with a CR. I was 90% sure he would continuation bet, and donk would most likely call that.

Both standard? Anyone like a lead?
Old 08-31-2005, 09:42 PM

Default Re: A pair of flop CR\'s

I just about never check-raise the flop. I lead both these. If there is any of these hands I could see myself check-raising it's hand 1.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:41 AM

Lead full pot on hand 1, go from there.

I like leading maybe 1/2 pot on the flop in hand 2, in hopes of getting raised. If raised, I usually c/r all in on the turn.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:05 AM

check raise is ok in hand 1 but I don't like the shove any turn. what if turn is a 9 or a jack. whats going to call you? lone pair of T? theres no draw you have to protect against and no real draw you can represent to get a worse hand to call.

lead hand 2. if they have AJ or overpair, they'll raise and you can 3bet all in, you don't want them to check throguh their AQ, AK and have a diamond fall on the turn.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:11 AM

I like to c/r from the blinds when I prefer to be done with the hand right then and there. Junky 2 pair hands like yours can be counterfeited, so I prefer to get it over with with a c/r. So I like that one.

2nd hand, prefer to lead/3-bet if possible. I've really slowed down on c/r'ing flops. Really villian dependent now.